Black Nativity - Atlanta
Black Nativity is an African-American telling of the Nativity story, written by acclaimed African-American poet and playwright Langston Hughes. The first act of the show recreates the journey of Mary and Joseph, resplendent in African costumes, to Bethlehem, accompanied by a rousing repertoire of old-fashioned spirituals. The second act takes place nearly 2000 years later at a modern day African-American church on Christmas day, filled with testifying deacons, sanctified ladies, and down-home preaching. The African-American viewpoint and the gospel music make Black Nativity a truly unique and entertaining theatrical experience.
NOTE:ONLINE PURCHASES END 1 1/2 HOURS PRIOR TO SHOWTIMES. CONTACT THE BOX OFFICE @ 404-613-9025 TO CHECK ON FURTHER TICKET AVAILABILITY. BOX OFFICE WILL OPEN 90 MINUTES PRIOR TO EACH SHOW.
** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION **
- The show is approximately 1HR and 30Min; no intermission.
- Group tickets apply to adult tickets only. You must purchase a minimum of 10 adult tickets to be eligible for the group rate. Combined ticket prices must include a minimum of 10 adult tickets to qualify for the group rate.
- Senior pricing available for ages 65 and older.
- Student pricing available for ages 13-17.
- Child pricing available for ages 12 and under.
- Per Southwest Arts Center policy, patrons who arrive after the show starts may forfeit their original seats, and will be seated in the rear of the theatre to avoid disruption of other guests.
- Tickets are not refundable; exchanges are based on seat availability and are handled by Brownpapertickets.com.
Southwest Arts Center PerformanceTheater
915 New Hope Rd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30331
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|