Collection and Use of Personal and Financial Information
- You can visit the Brown Paper Tickets website without revealing any personal information. However, Brown Paper Tickets needs certain personal information if you wish to sell tickets for an event, or purchase tickets or register for events through its system.
- Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information, and possibly credit card information. Brown Paper Tickets may use this information to contact you about an event you set up, or about tickets you have purchased.
- Your user name, contact name, Brown Paper Tickets login, or alias may be publicly displayed and connected to your activity on Brown Paper Tickets. The public may see the date you set up your Brown Paper Tickets account, comments you leave, profile information, and events you have organized.
- Brown Paper Tickets will never sell your information.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- Brown Paper Tickets automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested when you visit BrownPaperTickets.com or its mobile service. We may use this information to better serve you by providing a customized shopping experience.
Third Party Websites and Services
- Brown Paper Tickets employs other companies and individuals to perform tasks and functions on our behalf, and we need to share your information with them to provide our services to you. Examples include, but are not limited to fulfilling orders via sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, handling billing disputes and collections, and providing customer service.
Brown Paper Tickets reserves the right to terminate the ability of any third party service to link to, integrate, or interact with any of the Brown Paper Tickets features at any time, with or without notice, and at the sole discretion of Brown Paper Tickets. Brown Paper Tickets accepts no responsibility for reviewing changes or updates to, or the quality, content, policies, nature or reliability of, any Third Party Services.
MailChimp is one such third party provider that Brown Paper Tickets allows our event organizers to use to compile ticket buyer email lists and to track ticket buyer usage. You can learn more about about MailChimp here: http://mailchimp.com
When Brown Paper Tickets Will Release Personal Information to a Third Party
- Brown Paper Tickets may release your personal information to a third-party in order comply with a subpoena or other similar legal procedure. Additionally, Brown Paper Tickets may release your information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of the Brown Paper Tickets Ticket Seller Terms and Conditions and/or the Ticket Buyer Terms and Conditions.
- Brown Paper Tickets may disclose personally identifiable information to parties in compliance with our Copyrights and Intellectual Property Policy. Brown Paper Tickets, in our sole discretion, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, may disclose name, address, country, phone number, email address and company name.
Contact from Brown Paper Tickets
- On occasion, Brown Paper Tickets will send you messages via email. Some messages from Brown Paper Tickets are service-related and required for users with accounts on Brown Paper Tickets. Examples of service-related messages include, but are not limited to a welcome/confirmation email when you register your account, your order confirmation, notices of a change in your event, or correspondence with the Brown Paper Tickets support team.
- Additionally, Brown Paper Tickets may provide you with newsletters regarding upcoming events, new and existing Brown Paper Tickets features, or other information. You will always have the ability to easily opt out of any such newsletters.
- Brown Paper Tickets uses "Session Cookies", which are deleted when you close your web browser or complete your browsing session.
- A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites, including the Brown Paper Tickets website. To learn more about cookies and how they are used, see http://www.cookiecentral.com.
- Make our website work as efficiently as possible.
- Administer services that allow you to list events on the Brown Paper Tickets system and to purchase tickets to events.
- Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
- By using the Brown Paper Tickets system in setting up an event to sell tickets, or by purchasing tickets or registering for an event, you consent to the terms of this policy. If you do not consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to Brown Paper Tickets or on BrownPaperTickets.com.
- No transmission of data over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, Brown Paper Tickets takes every reasonable precaution to protect your personal information, privacy, and security.
- Brown Paper Tickets uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions (including credit card transactions), firewalls to protect against unauthorized intrusion to our databases, access control procedures, and physical security measures, all aimed at protecting your information.
- Brown Paper Tickets may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of the Brown Paper Tickets system and website after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Questions or Suggestions