Tech Skills & Digital Security Workshop
thanks for your interest in the tech skills & digital security workshop. unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances, we have to postpone the event. we hope you are all well and giving care to yourselves. if you are still interested, please stay in touch and we will see you soon.
The Coalition Against Trans Antagonism's work is conducted on the ancestral, traditional and unceded territory of the Musqueam, Squamish, & Tsleil-Waututh Nations (colonially known as Vancouver, Canada). CATA seeks to work in solidarity with Indigenous peoples in their struggles for autonomy and self-determination.
Join us in a workshop to build on our tech skills & digital security! Digital competency is important in today's social media-frenzied daze... couple that with the need to be secure and safe online from fascists and tech corporations. This workshop is open to everyone and will prioritize trans people, especially QTBIPOC.
FREE for trans people and/or low income people
$5 - $50 sliding scale for cis people
Sunday, December 6th, 2020
2:00pm - 4:30pm PST
** NOTICE **
If you prefer to pay or donate directly, you can e-transfer us at noterfsnoswerfs@pm .me or via paypal at https://paypal.me/noterfsnoswerfs (when you register, simply select the "free" option).
** NOTICE **
- ASL interpretation is available for this event. To secure this service, please contact us by Thursday, December 3rd at 2:00pm.
- Captions will be provided in English.
- Participants are welcome to have their audio and video on and off at various times throughout the town hall and to use the chat function to communicate. We gently ask that you turn your video on during the check-in and check-out.
Safer Space Guidelines:
- This event is a safer space. We recognize that oppression exists everywhere, and that we cannot guarantee safe spaces, only that we can make them safer by recognizing, understanding, challenging, and transforming oppressive ideas and behaviours.
- This is a QTBIPOC-centred space and is open to all trans people and cis allies.
- Participants are encouraged to give care to themselves and engage in this space in ways that works for them; no one expects folks to do anything they dont want to do.
- Please understand that Zoom is known for security risks; use discretion and caution when sharing personal information.
- Organizers are bound by the Mission, Vision & Basis of Unity of the Coalition Against Trans Antagonism and reserve the right to remove anyone who is disruptive, breaches the safer space guidelines, and/or creates an unsafe environment.
For more information and/or to make accessibility requests, email us at noterfsnoswerfs @pm.me
Online Access Information
You will be provided instructions to access the digital content for this event. When and how these instructions are delivered to you is determined by the Event Organizer. To ensure access, use an up-to-date email address and avoid unsubscribing from email updates. See our Help Center
for more information.