Join us for a panel discussion on Crowdfunding under the JOBS Act. As envisioned by the JOBS Act, new Crowdfunding rules are intended to expand and ease the methods of capital raising by small companies by allowing the sale of unregistered securities to the public under certain circumstances. This panel will address the question of whether Crowdfunding is likely to achieve this goal.|
- Geoff Entress - Angel investor and Venture Partner, Voyager Capital
- Peter Weiss - Venture CFO and President, American Outlook, Inc.
- Joy Schoffler - Principal, Leverage PR; Business Development and PR, Crowdfund Capital Advisors
- Erik Cullen - Founder, UpStart Trader (a Crowdfunding portal)
- Mike Erickson - Member, Corporate/Securities Group, Summit Law Group
The discussion will start with a general overview of the Crowdfunding legislation and the status of the SEC's proposed Crowdfunding regulations. Then, panelists will discuss the following topics and participate with the audience in a general discussion.
- The pros and cons of Crowdfunding
- The viability, usefulness and practicality of Crowdfunding for raising capital
- The role of funding portals in Crowdfunding
- The impact on future funding rounds (Angel, VC, Strategic, etc.)
- The impact on exits
- Crowdfunding across industries
This event is intended for entrepreneurs, investors, and the general public. Anyone interested is encouraged to attend, even if you don't know anything about Crowdfunding or securities law. If you are an entrepreneur seeking to raise capital or interested in starting a funding portal, we encourage you to attend this event.
Space is limited, so please only register if you really plan to attend.
Parking is available in pay lots across the street. Beverages and appetizers will be provided.
This event is being hosted by Summit Law Group, Yale School of Management's Seattle alumni chapter (SOM Seattle) and the Seattle Business School Alliance. Click on the following links for more information about our sponsors:
Summit Law Group
Seattle Business School Alliance
Summit Law Group
315 5th Ave South, 10th Floor
Seattle, WA 98104
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|
The Wind Turbine Company
Nov 01, 2012 10:06 AM
Oct 31, 2012 5:10 PM
American Grace Charitable Organization
Oct 30, 2012 12:34 PM
Oct 29, 2012 10:44 PM
Oct 29, 2012 2:44 PM