What the Float
Silent mobile dancing euphoria is coming to Seattle!
Forward Flux Productions is thrilled to present What the Float, in town from NYC for one night only! What The Float will take you on an epic dance adventure like nothing you've experienced before. This is a floating dance party. A private dance club that "floats" from public space to public space. We'll start at a secret location in Capitol Hill, and from there, the music will take us on a groove odyssey as we explore the city and our own innermost selves. The groove will be piped directly into our brains (through headphones, natch), but to anyone not a part of our party, we will seem eerily silent. Mundane spaces will become surreal dance platforms, mild-mannered civilians will become fearless booty-shaking superstars. The power of the FLOAT will swell within you, and you'll give yourselves entirely to the dance in a way you never dreamed possible.
STEP BY STEP, HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
1. Get your tickets RIGHT NOW! Tickets range from $10-20 in advance - the sooner you purchase, the cheaper the ticket.
2. Share this event with EVERYONE you think deserves to be happy, at least for one night. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies. Tell your frenemies. Text them. Email them. Pester them face to face. This is the most important thing that will ever happen to you in your whole life. Like ever.
3. On July 30th, you'll be emailed a brand new, specially curated mix. You'll be able to download the mix from Dropbox or Google Drive onto your computer and then sync it onto your mp3 player. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE MUSIC BEFORE THE DANCE PARTY COMMENCES. IF YOU DO YOU WILL RUIN THE SPONTANEOUS VIRGINAL JOY OF THE FIRST-TIME LISTENING EXPERIENCE. Serious, don't do it.
4. READY YOUR MINDS AND BODIES FOR THE EXPERIENCE. Please ready your minds and bodies RESPONSIBLY. Stretch. Hydrate. Dress to move. WEAR COMFORTABLE MOTHERFLOATING SHOES so you can dance and run and jump and climb. Dress as fancy as you wanna.
5. Meet us at [;;;;;TOP SECRET STARTING LOCATION];;;;; starting at 8:30pm on July 31st. There will be DRINKZ. Wear your dancing shoes, bring your mp3 player and headphones, and bring minimal belongings.
6. At 9:00pm SHARP, we'll step out into the hot summer night, and dance the world away.
Our website has more info, if you need. Otherwise, prepare to meet your dance destiny, July 31st.
NOTE: A indemnity and likeness waiver must be signed at the venue before you depart on the Float (no law suits, and we can snap pics).
Saint John's Bar and Eatery (View)
719 E Pike St
Seattle, WA 98122
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|