BIKE THE BLOSSOMS
TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED INDIVIDUALLY BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER.
RELEASE WAIVER OF LIABILITY/ASSUMPTION OF RISK CONTRACT
Slow Food Vancouver; the Vancouver Cherry Blossoms Festival; the Vancouver Area Cycling Coalition; the Ministry of Agriculture and Lands; their Members, Directors, Officers, Servants, Agents; Assistants and Volunteers ("the Club")
The undersigned participant in BIKE THE BLOSSOMS (the Cycle Tour), on April 18th, 2009 ("the Participant")
In consideration for being allowed to participate in the Cycle Tour, the participant HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES, RECOGNIZES AND AGREES as follows:
1. This is not a race, but is a trip of approximately 25 kilometres through public roads and highways with all the usual risks of weather, traffic and conditions of the roadways;
2. The Club provides administration on a volunteer basis for the Cycle Tour, but does not undertake to provide competent or adequate supervision, guidance, medical assistance, or insurance of any kind to protect or compensate the Participant for any injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which might occur in connection with the Cycle Tour;
3. Each Participant takes complete responsibility for his own safety and health in all activities connected with the Cycle Tour and the Club has not and will not assess the Participant's ability to participate, health or safety and will not provide for the safety of each or any Participant;
4. I assume all responsibility for the safety and health of any rider riding with me who is under the age of 19 years for all activities connected with the Cycle Tour;
5. ACCIDENTAL INJURY TO OR DEATH OF A PARTICIPANT, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PARTICIPANT'S PROPERTY, may be caused by negligence of the Club, which is released hereby;
6. NO LEGAL ACTION CAN OR WILL BE BROUGHT AGAINST THE CLUB by the Participant, his personal representatives, successors or assigns in respect of such injury, death, or damage to or loss of property.
7. The Club may in its sole and absolute discretion terminate a rider's participation in the Cycle Tour, in which case the Club shall inform the Participant of its decision and shall offer to transport the participant and the participant's equipment to the end of the ride and the participant acknowledges and agrees that if such offer is declined by the participant, the Club shall be under no obligation to provide further support or assistance to the Participant.
The Participant HEREBY ACCEPTS ALL PHYSICAL AND LEGAL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY WHETHER OR NOT SUCH INJURY, DEATH OR DAMAGE IS CAUSED OR CONTRIBUTED TO BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE CLUB and AGREES that NO LEGAL ACTION CAN OR WILL BE BROUGHT' AGAINST THE CLUB by the Participant, his personal representatives, successors or assigns, in respect of such negligence, injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, AND ALL SUCH CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND LEGAL CAUSES OF ACTION ARE HEREBY RELEASED UNCONDITIONALLY, however arising directly or indirectly.
3 start locations
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|