Great Supervision 2: Nurturing Team Collaboration
ABOUT GREAT SUPERVISION LEVEL 2: Nurturing Collaborative Teams
This 2 day workshop (July 9 - 10, 2014) will help you develop your team work skills through the following modules:
Module 1: Communicating at Your Best
First, Listen to Understand, then Speak to Be Understood
Module 2: Learning to Talk About the Tough Stuff
Having those difficult one to one conversations
Module 3: Working Thru Tough Times
Problem Solving Force Field Analysis
Module 4: Our Changing Work Place: Four Generations at Work
Trends & Observations
2008 Alberta Survey Results
Module 5: Managing Change and Transition
Endings, Neutral Zone, New Beginnings
- To define active listening and assertive expression as it applies to communication.
- To apply the "stump speech" in resolving interpersonal conflict.
- To name the four stages of interest-based conflict resolution as it applies to interpersonal conflict.
- To explain the process for using the force field analysis.
- To list the three keys for stress management.
- To identify four generations and at least two values of each.
- To diagram the change process.
Course Target Audience:
Great Supervision Level 2 is intended for existing and up and coming supervisors from the human service field.
Course Level Beginner
No pre-requisite required. Great Supervision Level 1 an asset.
Balwin Villa Gymnasium (View)
6920 128 Avenue (public parking available in the NE parking lot)
Edmonton, AB T5C 1S7
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|