The Fundamentals of Agile
This ONLINE class runs over 4 days from 1pm - 5pm (EDT)
During this 4-day virtual workshop, attendees will gain a deep and broad understanding of the fundamentals of Agile, and come away with a working knowledge of the two most productive and popular frameworks in use today; Scrum and Kanban. Attendees will also get an in-depth understanding of the roles and mindset shifts that need to occur to ensure they are successful implementing agile. Most of this course is taught through hands-on activities that simulate what attendees will experience when they implement Agile in the real-world. Be ready for an immersive experience, where you will learn by doing!
After taking this course, students will be able to:
- Form a deep and broad understanding of the fundamentals of Agile
- Apply the values and principles of Agile Manifesto
- Apply Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of Scrum and Kanban
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Use transformational leadership to drive change, develop people, and encourage innovation
- Understand the roles in Scrum and Kanban; Product Owner, Scrum Master, Team, Kanban Facilitator, etc
- Use collaborative techniques to help them facilitate the main Scrum and Kanban ceremonies (meetings)
- Apply agile planning techniques
This course is designed for:
Development teams, and the people who support them
QA and QC teams and the people who support them
Non-development teams; infrastructure, Operations, Sustainability, and the people who support them
Business people looking to apply agile to their business processes
Program and Project Managers
Product and Product Line Management
Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. This course is fundamental in nature, and is appropriate for anyone looking to gain a broad and deep understanding of Agile and the most popular frameworks (Scrum and Kanban) that support it.
2 days in person, 4 virtual sessions
What you Get:
1. The ICP certification: ICAgile Certified Practitioner certification, accredited by ICAgile, the world's premier agile accreditation consortium.
2. You also get a free membership in the Agile Meridian private agility Slack forum dedicated to our alumni. Here, you can collaborate with your class attendees and continue to learn and grow from your peers and your facilitators from Agile Meridian.
To facilitate this event: We will be using Zoom for live, online sessions; Mural or Miro for collaboration, and Slack for asynchronous communication of course announcements, homework, etc. Equivalent tools may be substituted at our discretion.
Remote Learning - EDT Time zone (View)
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|