This ONLINE class runs over 2 days from 8:30 am - 5pm (EDT)
During this two-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Develop an understanding of Business Agility
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFes Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Leading the transformation
- Thrive in the Digital Age with Business Agility
- Become a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establish Team and Technical Agility
- Build Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Explore Lean Portfolio Management
This course is designed for:
Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
Program and Project Managers
Product and Product Line Management
Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam: 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management, and experience in Scrum.
What you Get:
1. The Scaled Agile Framework SA certification, upon completion and a passing score on the exam.
2. To support you, you also get a free membership in the Agile Meridian private agility Slack forum dedicated to our alumni. Here, you can collaborate with your class attendees and continue to learn and grow from your peers and your facilitators from Agile Meridian. We will help you prepare for the exam!!
To facilitate this event: We will be using Zoom for live, online sessions; Mural or Miro for collaboration, and Slack for asynchronous communication of course announcements, homework, etc. Equivalent tools may be substituted at our discretion.
Remote Learning - EDT Time zone (View)
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|