Basic Home Herbalism: Weekend Intensive
This weekend intensive class is an opportunity to dive deep and equip yourself with a wealth of foundational knowledge in herbalism all in one weekend. This unique experience will include harvesting, tasting, hands on activities, new friends, discussion and lots of practical knowledge. Yum! My ideal students will be fairly new to herbs with lots of enthusiasm. If that's you, please consider!
During the weekend we will:
- Focus on 10 basic remedies for common ailments
- Make an infusion and decoction and sample together
- Harvest seasonal herbs together somewhere.
- Discuss dosage and safety
- Make herbal tinctures together (you'll make your own so you can take the whole thing home)
- Any other surprise activities that emerge during the weekend :)
- Gain confidence and hands on experience with medicinal herbs!
We will meet from 11-4:30pm on Saturday and Sunday in North Beacon Hill near Light Rail (address disclosed upon ticket purchase). I will be in touch with information about what to bring with you on our study days and more details about what to expect. (You'll need to bring jars and alcohol with you to make tinctures).
DATE: November 9, 11-4:30pm and November 10, 11-4:30pm
LOCATION: North Beacon Hill (address on purchase of ticket)
COST: $140 per person for the whole weekend
MAX: 12 students
Natalie is a local herbal educator and clinical herbalist who runs the Adiantum School of Plant Medicine. She has been studying herbalism for 10 years, and will never be done learning! In addition to teaching herself, she has studied under several herbalists, most notably Cascade Anderson Geller and Matthew Wood. She believes in the power of curiosity and direct experience!
North Beacon Hill (View)
Private Residence in North Beacon Hill
Seattle, WA 98144
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|