Gourmet Vegan Dinner
Lady and the Shallot is a completely vegan, gluten free, and nut free restaurant located inside the Trenton Farmers Market. A 5-course gourmet meal is being put together by owners Francesca Avitto and Kate Wnek. Menu:
1. Appetizer: Handcrafted Hummus Platters, served Family Style with Grilled Pita, Fresh Vegetables
2. Soup: Creamy Cauliflower
3. Salad: Roasted Butternut Squash, Red Onion, Leafy Greens with Lemon Tahini
4. Main: Braised Portobello Mushrooms, Sautéed Greens, Garlic Mash, Roasted Vegetable Sides
5. Dessert: Baked Apple and Pear, Vanilla Ice Cream
Our dinner here in March was one of the highlights of the year, and drew raves. One of the attendees called it the best meal he's ever had!
$5 from each ticket purchased will be donated to Goats of Anarchy (additional donations are welcome). GoA is an award-winning, vegan sanctuary for special needs baby goats (along with other animal friends) in Hampton, NJ. GoA is a registered charity (501c3) and all tax-deductible donations go toward vet fees, food, shelter, and prosthetics for the baby goats.
NJveg is an all-volunteer non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation, initially focusing on central New Jersey. Our mission:
- Advocacy: educating the public on the benefits of a plant-based diet via free literature, speakers, and more; and providing support to those in transition
- Social: providing opportunities to volunteer, share meals, and join in other activities
Lady and the Shallot (View)
Trenton Farmer's Market, 960 Spruce St
Trenton, NJ 08648
|Dog Friendly: No|