Gimme Shelter Coffeehouse Benefit
PLEASE NOTE: You can donate until 5 pm here on Brown Paper Tickets, or via Venmo (@Charlotte-Pierce-1 memo GimmeShelter) before, during, or after the show.
Food and music, two of life's essentials, need our support in this time of uncertainty, economic stress, and cancelled gigs! The community is invited to join a virtual Gimme Shelter Coffeehouse fundraiser on Saturday, May 16, from 6-8 pm.
* The event is free, and donations will benefit FoodLinkMA and musicians who have been affected by the Covid-19 crisis. The event will be live-streamed on the St. Johns Coffeehouse Facebook page (facebook.com/stjohnsconcerts) and on the venues YouTube channel (search Coffeehouse Concerts).
* Suggested donations start at $15, which you can prepay at GimmeShelter.bpt.me, or you can donate during the show. A banner across the bottom of the screen will explain how to donate online or by mail or phone.
* During this online event, musical alumni and friends of the St. Johns Coffeehouse series will offer segments of live or recorded music and conversation with hosts from the local and regional arts community. Viewers will be invited to pop in with questions and comments during the show.
* Musicians include: Reggie Harris, David Roth, Quinn & Chris Eastburn, Robin O'Herin, Alessio Miraglia, Lori Diamond & Fred Abatelli, Jonathan Fagan, Outrageous Fortune Jug Band, Linda Shoemaker & Louise Grasmere, Lara Herscovitch, Akili Jamal Haynes, Ben Rudnick & Friends, Ensemble 44, Ruthann Baler, Stanley & The Undercovers, Shizue Sano, Eduardo Betancourt, Tracy Grammer. Arlington's Poet Laureate Steven Ratiner will open and close the show with two poems for the times, accompanied by saxophonist Todd Brunel.
* St. Johns Coffeehouse plans to resume its 9th year of live concerts later in the year, or as conditions allow. For information, call 781-648-4819, email email@example.com, or visit saintjohns-arlington.org/coffeehouse-concerts.
St. John's Coffeehouse Concerts (View)
74 Pleasant Street
Arlington, MA 02476
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|