Rope 201: Hogties, Ebis and Frog Ties Oh My!
Single Column, Double Column, and decorative ties are lovely things, but sometimes we like to put our rope bottoms through their paces. Often that means looking for more strenuous ties that push the physical limitations, flexibility and pain tolerance of our rope bottoms for play or for the lovely ties that make wonderful photographs.
This class is for those whom have already attended a rope 101 style course and are looking to expand their skills into the areas of intense, positional and artistic bondage. This is also a course for rope bottoms looking for tips and techniques to prolong their time in rope, communicate when they are having trouble, and conveying to their rope tops when things might be appropriate for position changes so you can prolong intense scenes.
This class will cover:
* Negotation and safety discussions for strenuous rope
* Positional Rope ties, including Hog Ties, and the Ebi tie.
* Adding accessories to your rope play for cosmetic and functional purposes.
* Techniques for rope bottoms to prolong your sessions in rope, keep your circulation up and otherwise improve comfort in difficult rope.
This class will have interactive demonstrations and practice periods, as well as a post-class practice period for those looking for additional critique or suggestions for their rope techniques with the help of the instructor or other participants.
This class is ideally for someone with a partner to practice these rope techniques, so if you are solo be prepared to do a little self-contortion or make some friends fast!
We request that you bring at least two 30ft sections of the rope of your choice, but there will also be lender rope at the event.
This workshop is going to encourage active participation, but we want to make sure we have an educational and comfortable experience for everyone involved. We follow these principals of teaching consent:
No One is required to participate in anything that makes them uncomfortable. If at any time you feel pressure to participate, you should feel free to speak to a representative of the space during or after the class or workshop.
You are not expected to contribute to the discussion in any way if you do not wish to.
The instructor will inform the workshop attendees of anyone working as a teaching assistant bottom, as well as any of their pre-negotiated rules regarding how the bottom will participate to make sure that attendees are given full awareness of consent.
If there is something unclear in the workshop, you are not required to request clarification at the time, if you wish private clarification, the instructor will give contact information so you may get that clarification if needed.
Geoffrey Quick has been an active participant in the Kink Community, and has been practicing rope for over 10 years. In that time he has refined his approach into one where the end result of the scene is the most important part of the use of his rope. Rope is a fine tool, but it is a tool none-the-less to create fun and interesting play.
Purchase of this ticket is acknowledgment of the following:
* You consent to attend an adults-oriented education session, all participants are required to be 18 or older and present ID at time of attendance.
* You consent to being present during adult activities and situations that may include partial or full nudity.
* There is no alcohol or other recreational drugs allowed on the venue premises. If you appear intoxicated, you will be asked to leave.
* RACK Leather and instructor Geoffrey Quick are providing this education session for the purposes of entertainment purposes among consenting adults only. Neither RACK Leather nor Geoffrey Quick is liable for any injuries due to the application of the skills presented in this class demonstration.
* You agree to binding legal arbitration in the case that you choose to bring legal action against RACK Leather, Geoffrey Quick or the presentation venue.
* Photography MAY be allowed at the venue, with the consent of all involved.
Pleasure Bound Studios (View)
Given on Ticket Purchase
Olympia, WA 98502
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|