Women's Work Festival 2013
Tennessee Women's Theater Project returns to the Looby Theater beginning Friday May 3, with its Seventh Annual Women's Work festival of performing and visual arts created by women. Running through Sunday May 19, the festival cuts a broad swath across styles and genres to offer ten completely different programs: poetry and essays; one-woman shows; new plays including a world premiere commissioned by the company; dance, music, film and a display of visual art works in the theater lobby. Tickets only $5 each, or buy a Festival Pass good for admission to all shows for just $35.
Women's Work Program Lineup as of April 18, 2013:
* May 3, 7:30 pm Theater: The first workshop reading of a new play commissioned by TWTP. A documentary theater work by local playwrights Christine Mather and Sara Sharpe, "Voices of Nashville: Immigration and Community" explores Nashville's immigration experience from the point of view of new Americans. Join us for a post-performance discussion.
* May 4, 7:30 pm Theater: Reading of a full-length play, "Found Objects," by Marilynn Barner Anselmi.
* May 5, 2:30 pm One-woman show: Lauren Braddock Havey presents her play "A Journey to the Son," with music written and performed by the playwright and hit songwriter Don Henry.
* May 10, 7:30 pm Comedy/Theater: "Waiting for Pierrot," Allison Latta and Noel Williams perform a commedia dell'arte work created by Allison Latta, Noel Williams and Anthony Courser.
* May 11, 7:30 pm Dance Night: Performances by Chinese Arts Alliance, Heritage Dance Project, Core Project Nashville, Salsa Fierce, Husted Dance, Valerie Hackworth, Holly Cannon-Hesse, Kristen Leophard (Kinetic Kristen) and ...Reasons Contemporary Dance Ensemble.
* May 12, 2:30 pm Poetry: The Seventh Annual Mother's Day Poetry Show includes returning poets Amy E. Hall and Patricia Alice Albrecht, essayists Sylvia Page and Karen Trotter Elley, with first-time presenters Grandma Butterfly and Kathy Halbrooks. A FREE ROSE FOR EVERY MOTHER!
* May 16, 7:30 pm One-Woman Show: "Staying on the Right Side of Sanity, the Diary of a Dirt Road Diva," written and performed by Belynda Cleare.
* May 17, 7:30 pm Short Films and Plays: Tigers, a play by four-time presenter Robyn Brooks; Just Grate, a film by Wendy Keeling; Timeshare, a play by Judy Klass; I MADE This, a film by Colette Divine; Conversations With My Mother, a play by Myra J. Stephens and Life on the Moon, a play by Mandy Ray-Jones.
* May 18, 7:30 pm One-woman show: "View From the Pews," written and performed by Clara Harris.
* May 19, 2:30 pm Singer/Songwriters: Katy Kinard, plus from Get It Girl Nashville, Ginger Sands, Drew Haley, Caitlin Eadie and Megan Dillon.
* Works by Linda Schlanger, Rebecca Davenport and Birgit Hein
Looby Theater (View)
2301 Rosa L Parks
Nashville, TN 37228-1205
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|