Marketing/Communications 501: Raising the Bar for Your Organization
Marketing/Communications 501: Raising the Bar for Your Organization is a highly practical ESC workshop that provides tips and strategies to help you and your organization improve your communications and marketing efforts. ESC Consultant Ed McCraw will lead the session.
Date: Monday, September 24 from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
Location: The Frontier, 800 Park Offices Drive, RTP, NC 27709
Register in advance no day of registration.
Questions: email Anne Saffer at email@example.com or call 919-294-9803
Sign up now and attend ESC's fast-paced workshop where you will learn:
- The importance of storytelling: Sample: Do you remember your first kiss? Most people do, because it has a story and emotion behind it.
- How to create your story and frame it correctly for various audiences: "No one ever won a debate because the facts are on their side. Its all about framing and word choice."
- How to engage an audience and keep their attention: "Research indicates that you have 18 seconds to make an impression and win over the audience. Dont waste the beginning of your presentation with discussing an agenda or apologizing for having a cold."
- Tips on public speaking and giving presentations that sell your messages: "Never pace or walk in front of an audience when speaking. No Broadway actor would ever walk and talk at the same time."
- Tips from the experts on writing an effective email, as taught to MBA students: "Every email should have a kindness in it, praising in some way the recipient. It only takes 20 extra seconds."
- Lessons on crisis communications from the business and non-profit world: Sample: Your goal when faced with crisis is to make it a one-day media story, not have it extend for days or weeks. Yet most people violate three basic rules that would help you do just that.
- What social media can do and cannot do for you: "Successful corporations dont just have a presence on social media. They use it as a strategic tool. Starbucks uses it to test new products."
Ed McCraw is a retired corporate executive who served as a vice president and senior business leader with MasterCard and Verizon in New York. During his career, he led corporate functions that included: integrated marketing and public relations programs, media relations, employee communications, financial communications, and corporate philanthropy.
Here in the Triangle, Ed teaches courses in the Kenan Flagler School of Business at UNC for MBA students. In addition, he was selected to be the Expert in Residence in Marketing at Duke University for the fall semester 2013. He has also lectured at the University of Southern Californias Annenberg School of Communications, the University of South Floridas School of Business, Duke University, and the UNC School of Journalism and Communications.
Ed has been a consultant for Executive Service Corps for seven years and has worked on projects for 12 local nonprofit organizations. He has also previously served on the Board of Directors for Executive Service Corps and Chatham Literacy. He is currently a member of the Marketing Committee for the North Carolina Symphony.
The Frontier (View)
800 Park Offices Drive
RTP, NC 27709
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|