Small Acreage Expo 2018
The 13th Annual Small Acreage Expo is a fun, valuable, and informative event that offers participants a choice of different classes (see choices below) on topics small acreage residents want to know about. Learn about important topics that will help you manage your land, get to know local resources, meet other small acreage landowners and have a great time at the 78th Street Heritage Farm!
An open house during the lunch hour will allow participants to meet and learn more about local agencies that serve the public as well as ask questions to local vendors participating in the event.
Pre-registration is $15 and runs until 2:30pm on Friday, April 13. Register by April 12 to include a FREE lunch with registration (Just Extended from April 10!). Late registration price is $25 and can be paid on arrival.
The Small Acreage Expo is sponsored by the WSU Clark County Extension. For more information and to see an event program, visit http://extension.wsu.edu/clark/naturalresources/smallacreageprogram/#Expo
View session topics below:
Session A (9am-10:15am):
- Managing Grazing for Sustainable Pastures with Gary Fredricks, WSU Cowlitz County Extension
- Weed'em and Reap with Kara Hauge, Clark County Vegetation Management
- Native Vegetation Landscaping with Brad Mead, Clark County Public Utilities
Session B (10:30am-11:45am):
- Septic Inspection* with Sean Hawes, Clark County Public Health
- Sustainable Timber Harvest with Matt Provencher, Washington DNR
- Gearing Up for Goats, Amy Gustin, Clark County Dairy Goat Association
Session C (12:45pm-2:00pm):
- Composting with Pete Dubois, Master Composter Recycler
- Maintaining a Healthy Well with Brigette Bashaw, Clark County Public Health
- Pond Care 101 with Doug Fenwick, Clark Conservation District
Session D (2:15pm-3:30):
- Drainage Solutions Q&A with Seth Kenworthy, Drainage Masters
- Sustainable Living for Small Farms with Eric Lambert, Clark County Public Works
- Transforming Irrigation Efficiency with Firas Al-Oqaili, Oregon State University
*Gravity fed systems only
WSU Extension events are open to all without discrimination. If you require additional assistance, please contact us at least 10 days prior to the event.
78th Street Heritage Farm (View)
1919 NE 78th Street
Vancouver, WA 98665
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|