The Vagina Monologues - Presented by The Castle Craig Players
The Vagina Monologues is made up of various personal monologues read by a diverse group of women. Originally, Eve Ensler, writer, performed every monologue herself, with subsequent performances featuring three actresses, and more recent versions featuring a different actress for every role. Each of the monologues deals with an aspect of the feminine experience, touching on matters such as sex, sex work, body image, love, rape, menstruation, female genital mutilation, masturbation, birth, orgasm, the various common names for the vagina, or simply as a physical aspect of the body. A recurring theme throughout the piece is the vagina as a tool of female empowerment, and the ultimate embodiment of individuality.
This production is age restricted, 16 years and older, due to adult content and adult language. Parental discretion is suggested.
The Castle Craig Players will be donating $5 of every ticket purchased to breast cancer research in the name of our former and much loved Musical Director Jill Riggles who passed away in 2011 at the age of 57 from breast cancer.
* This production is presented cabaret style with table seating. Patrons are invited to bring their own food & beverages. Doors will open 60 minutes prior to show time.
* Due to table configuration, parties larger than 5 may be seated at adjoining tables. Every effort will made to seat larger parties at tables next to each other
* Anyone that is purchasing tickets under different names, but wishes to be seated with another party or person, MUST contact Melanie at email@example.com with names of all party members and the date of the show you are attending
* Tickets purchased under one name will automatically be seated together, or near each other if they are a party greater than 5
* Please contact Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about seating
The Almira F. Stephan Memorial Playhouse (View)
59 West Main Street
Meriden, CT 06451
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|