2017 Blues Cruisin' Lunch on the Delaware
The Blues Collaborative is proud to sponsor its 4th annual Blues Cruisin' Lunch aboard the beautiful Spirit of Philadelphia. Departing from Penn's Landing in Philadelphia, you'll be entertained by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue made up of some of the area's finest Blues performers while enjoying a gourmet luncheon buffet.
You'll cruise the Delaware River with views of the Philadelphia skyline, the Walt Whitman Bridge, the Ben Franklin Bridge, and the USS New Jersey. The Blues Cruisin' Lunch takes place on September 24, 2017.
Tickets include the following:
The headliners for this year's Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue are an impressive group of performers from the areas top Blues bands, including this year's phenomenal headliners:
- Admission to board the Spirit of Philadelphia;
- Live music by the Blues Collaborative All Star Blues Revue;
- A delicious gourmet lunch (menu); and
- An open bar for beer, wine & soft drinks with a cash bar for mixed drinks.
- Georgie Bonds delivers high intensity performances that hit you hard in the heart with soul-stirring emotion. Writing and singing from a place in his gut most of us will probably never find on our own (thank the Lord), this is traditional blues that ain't from the cotton fields. Forget Delta, Piedmont and all that, this is stuff you can feel down to your toes with thoughts the best newspapers used to publish when they were still in the news business. Killer stuff that'll grab you no matter what your musical taste.
- Roger Girke is a singer, writer and road tested guitarist. With a career including over 3,900 live shows, concerts and festivals and numerous recording sessions and releases, Rogers artistry has been validated by fans, writers, broadcast and a number of blues music industry awards. Roger, along with the many talented musicians he works with, continues to evolve each year performing original compositions from his 4 CDs combined with interpretations of New Orleans R&B classics and blues favorites all centered by Rogers strong vocals, established guitar skills and onstage charisma.
- Stacy Brooks has been dubbed DC's Queen of the Blues. This Multi Award Winner has been delivering toe tapping, head bobbing music since 2007. Stacy demonstrates that perfect balance of harnessing the influences of her legendary mentors and diverse musical styles and injecting that with her own fresh ideas into creations and interpretations she can call her own. Stacy is a supremely talented singer with the voice to conquer the worldwide blues scene in the same way as blues greats like Koko Taylor and Etta James. Any Blues music fan will be glad to add Stacy to their collection.
- Nate Myers delivers harmonica playing and vocals send shivers down your spine and keeps the crowd up and out of their seats! When Nate speaks to the crowd he makes a positive connection with his audience that is truly rare these days and is a joy to witness. Nate is the complete package: A master harp-man, a distinguished singer, a clever songwriter, and exhibits charisma on stage that keeps his audience engaged from beginning to end and usually begging for more. Nate has successfully developed his own sound by fusing blues, rap, country and everything in between. Experiencing a Nate Myers performance is time and money well spent.
The ship will begin boarding at 1:00pm and leave the dock promptly at 1:30pm, returning to the dock at 3:30pm. The music will continue aboard the ship for another hour until 4:30pm when passengers must disembark. During the hour at dockside, the bar will remain open but will convert to a cash bar for beer & wine.
Click Here for a complete schedule of events.
TICKET SALES WILL END AT 11:00PM FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2017!!
TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE GATE!!
Click Here for pictures from the 2016 Blues Cruisin' Lunch.
The Spirit of Philadelphia (View)
401 S. Columbus Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19106
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|