Edmonton Resilience Festival 2017
****ONLINE SALES HAVE ENDED** During the festival on Saturday, April 22, we will be accepting cash sales for tickets. There will also be an ATM on site. **
10:00AM: Indoor Gardening/Micro-farming, Grass Coil Basketry, Sharing Soulful Space, Kids Yoga, Introduction to Permaculture, How to Make Lard!, Becoming a Green Leader, Awakening in Chaotic Times
11:00AM: Resilient Social Systems, Conversations for Change, Indigenous Rights Workshop, Hempcrete Building in Alberta
11:30AM: Yoga for Self Compassion, Ideas for Edible Front Yards, Canning Hot Salsa, Permaculture Hand Tools 101
12:30PM: Glazing and Glass Salvage, Resiliency Through Local Food, Dance: Body as a Home
1:00PM: Kombucha Making 101, Mindfulness Through Art, Indoor Worm Composting, Critical Thinking, Natural Cheese Making
2:00PM: Passive Solar Designs, Introduction to Beekeeping
2:30PM: Dance: Express Yo' Self
3PM: Emergency Preparedness 101, Cider Making & Fermenting, Natural Wool Dyeing
3:30PM: Human Learning Ecology
4:00PM: Hidden Roots of Suicide, Healthy Workspaces & Stress, Financial Literacy, DIY Upcycled Fashion, Resilient Voices - Song Circle
7:00PM: Earth Day Party
The Edmonton Permaculture Guild and The Local Good will hold the third annual Edmonton Resilience Festival, on Earth Day, April 22nd at WISE (Waldorf Independent School of Edmonton) near downtown Edmonton.
Resilience is the quality that makes a community strong, healthy and able to handle unexpected change. Communities that are resilient are closely linked together and can cope well with the effects of disruptions to the systems within them.
Come participate in an eclectic combination of workshops, conversations and events that contribute to personal, community, and global resilience. By coming together to celebrate and share skills and ideas through the festival, we will create a stronger, happier community which will increase our capacity to work together and to adapt to coming changes.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Skill-Sharing Workshops, from yoga to yarn dyeing, mental health, food sourcing and preparation, and natural building. Workshops range from "Pay What You Can" to $35 (depending on materials).
- The Resilience Marketplace (FREE VENUE), a trade-show style market for local artisans, builders, and businesses as well as community organizations to exhibit and sell goods, services, and connect with the resilience community.
- Festival Film Theatre Room (FREE VENUE) featuring documentaries related to sustainability.
- Conversation Cafés (FREE VENUE) which offer a space to host and participate in intentional, guided conversations about how we can build a more sustainable and resilient society.
- Earth Day Party at 7:00pm featuring a diverse array of live performances to foster connection and come together after a day of learning. Featuring Carter & the Capitals, Spiral Squad, The Jivin' Belles, and 4 other local acts! Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door (if available).
If you have been given a ticket password, please click "Enter a Password or Discount Code" to view your ticket.
For more information about the festival, and to learn about how to get involved, please visit EdmontonResilienceFestival.com
Thank-you to our 2017 Sponsors:
City of Edmonton - Energy Transition
UAlberta Department of Occupational Therapy
Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
Edmonton Permaculture Guild
The Local Good
Waldorf Independent School of Edmonton (W.I.S.E) (View)
7211 96a Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T6B 1B5
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|