Support literacy programs in your community while enjoying a scenic holiday train ride that is fun for the whole family! The Candy Cane Train will depart the Train Station in Brunswick, Maine on Saturday, December 10 and Sunday, December 11. There are two family trains each day, open to all ages. Departure times are 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM. The train will travel from Brunswick to Portland and return to Brunswick (total time of the trip is approximately 75 minutes). Santa and his elves will be onboard and cookies will be served. Tickets are $20 per passenger, $10 for children ages 2-5 sitting on the lap of an adult, and free for children under two years of age if sitting on the lap of an adult. Please note these "lap" seats are limited in number and tickets are required. All proceeds benefit Tri-County Literacy, a non-profit organization working in mid-coast Maine to improve lives through literacy.|
TICKETS CAN BE BE PURCHASED ONLINE OR BY CALLING 207-443-6384 TO PURCHASE TICKETS IN PERSON. TICKETS ARE NOT FOR SALE AT THE TRAIN STATION PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
1. First and last names of all passengers are required. Please enter each name individually when purchasing tickets.
2. Tickets are required for all passengers, including free and $10 "lap" tickets. Tickets are purchased through Tri-County Literacy or Brown Paper Tickets see www.CandyCaneTrain.org
3. A photo ID is required for all adults.
4. Reservations made through Brown Paper Tickets are for "will call" tickets and are picked up inside the train station prior to boarding. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure time for ticket pick up.
5. Passengers must board the train together in order to sit together. There are no assigned seats and we do our best to seat families together. Unfortunately, there is a possibility that families may end up separated. Please do not hold seats for others. Conductors will assist passengers in seating.
6. Please do not bring food or beverages aboard the train. Each passenger will receive a cookie on the train. Water will be available upon request.
7. We regret that we cannot provide refunds for missed departures.
8. Restrooms are available on the train; however, we encourage use of restrooms in the train station prior to boarding as there will be a lot of activity aboard the train.
9. Be sure to visit with Mrs. Claus inside the train station, enjoy free hot chocolate, view a model train display, and purchase souvenirs to commemorate the fun.
Brunswick Visitor Center & Train Station (View)
16 Station Ave
Brunswick, ME 04011
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|