Brewery Ommegang Hop Chef Competition
!!~You must already have an entry ticket to BCTC to get a ticket for Hop Chef~!!
Join us at BCTC for this special food and beer pairing competition. Chef from up and down the east coast will be preparing and pairing dishes with Ommegang beers based off of 5 different pairing principles.
The event will run during the tasting from 2:30 to 4:30. Each ticket will have a designated time slot. Please visit the Hop Chef tent during the designated time slot.
COMPETING CHEFS INCLUDE
Jamie Ortiz - Mazzone Hospitality - Hop Chef Albany Winner
Jeff Eng - Clyde's of Tower Oaks - Hop Chef D.C. Winner
George Sabatino - Stateside - Hop Chef Philly Winner
Tommy Harder - Blind Tiger Ale House - 2011 BCTC Hop Chef Winnner
1. Simple pairing The direct interaction between food and beer - from taking a bite of the food and a sip of the beer.
2. Incorporation This is the utilization of beer in the cooking process. Using it as a marinade or in a brine, adding it to a sauce or using it as a braising liquid are some of the ways incorporation pairing works.
3. Mimicking One of the most difficult pairings, mimic pairings are the act of matching the flavor profile of a dish with the flavor profile of a beer. It is difficult because not only do you have to understand the flavor profiles of the individual ingredients of the dish, but also the beer such as the type of hops, malt and yeast being used.
4. Story Telling Beer, like food, has a great history behind it. Not just how it was made, but why.
5. Experimental This type of pairing is the most fun by far. It is finding a way to make the beer the main star of a dish, often by being the primary ingredient.
for the latest information regarding Chefs and event details.
Brewery Ommegang (View)
656 County Hwy 33
Cooperstown, NY 13326