Kaleidoscope Rhythms - Tania Stavreva, Piano
Keyboard Concepts Concert Series Presents:
Kaleidoscope Rhythms! Tania Stavreva Solo Piano Recital in Santa Monica, CA
When: Sunday, January 17, 2016, Time: 2:30 PM
Where: Keyboard Concepts, 3232 Santa Monica Blvd,
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Admission: FREE (optional donations welcome to cover transportation expenses from New York and accomodation for the artist)
Description: "Bulgarian-born piano dynamo" (Time Out NY), New York based concert pianist Tania Stavreva will play a recital of contemporary piano music at Keyboard Concepts in Santa Monica, CA on Sunday, January 17th, 2016 at 2:30 PM. The program will include a diverse and intriguing menu of vital piano music:
- Tania Stavreva - "Rhythmic Movement" (2012)
- Dobrinka Tabakova (b. 1980) - Modetudes (California Premiere)
- Alberto Ginastera (1916-1983) - American Prelude No. 6
- Tania Stavreva - Bulgarian Prelude (Tribute to Ginastera, 2015) - CA Premiere
- Alberto Ginastera - Ruvideo ed ostinato, Op.22
- Stephen Cohn - "Frisson"
- Mason Bates (b. 1977) - "Indigo Workshop" - CA Premiere
- Gil Shohat (b. 1973) - "The Scream" based on the painting "The Scream" by E. Munch - CA Premiere
- Tania Stavreva - "The Dark Side of the Sun" (2012) - CA Premiere
- Federico Mompou - selected works from "Impresiones Intimas"
- Frederic Chopin (1810-1849) - Etude No.1, F Minor from Trois nouvelles etudes
- Nimrod Borenstein (b. 1969) - "Ostinato Etude" Op. 66, No. 1 - United States Premiere (inspired by the Chopin etudes) - CA Premiere
- Veselin Stoyanov (1902-1969) - "Prelude" from Three Pieces for Piano in 9/8
- Alexander Vladigerov (1933-1993) - Variations on Bulgarian Folk Song "Dilmano, Dilbero", Op. 2
About Tania Stavreva:
Tania Stavreva made her Carnegie Hall debut in April 2009. She has performed also at many other venues including Lincoln Center, Kaufman Center, Symphony Space, Kosciusko Foundation Auditorium, Steinway Hall, Embassy of Bulgaria in New York, and the CSV Cultural Center where she was featured live on NY1 News by NBC reporter Asa Aarons. She has performed also at the GRAMMY Museum Theater, Clive Davis Auditorium in Los Angeles, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Sanders Theater at Harvard University and the French Cultural Center in Boston, The National Ethnographic Museum in Bulgaria, Radio Plovdiv - Bulgarian National Radio Concert Hall. She made her London debut in 2015 and has a return performance in Carnegie Hall in 2016, this time in Carnegie Hall's main stage Stern Auditorium/Perelman Stage in June, 2016. She has been featured on BBC Music Magazine, Time Out New York, CNN, New York Daily News. More info: www.taniastavreva.com
"Exceptional, entrancing, fun!... Her hand stretch is frankly not those of a Rachmaninov, but the rhythm and drive she gives to all her pieces, can't be denied". Harry Rolnick (ConcertoNet.com)
"..a fully formed and fearsomely talented pianist" (Steve Holtje, CultureCatch.com)
"Bold, dynamic, magnificent! ..Her magnificent interpretation commenced with a delicacy that made the flesh creep, and then it ignited and built to an immense power which reminded me of those unforgettable Horowitz recordings and concert performnaces from the 1960s and 1970s." Harris Goldsmith (New York Concert Review)
"Trim as any aerobics instructor in her black cocktail dress and tiara-like headband, this petite dynamo has some of the most precise fingering of any of the tenty-something generation of pianists, bar non" (Mark Greenfest, SoundWordSight Arts Magazine"
Admission: Free, Donations - welcome and very highly appreciated. All donations will cover flight, transportation expenses and accommodation for the artist.
Keyboard Concepts (View)
3232 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90404