How does one take what is regarded by many as the finest coffee-infused imperial stout on the planet and make it even more special. It's not easy, but we have come up with two very effective methodssequestering this fine stout in bourbon barrels for the better part of a year then blending the resulting whiskey-accented fluid to achieve smooth, warming perfection; and brewing a version of the beer infused with toasted coconut, vanilla and rare Ka'u coffee imported from Hawaii. |
HAWAIIAN SPEEDWAY STOUT
We often use Speedway Stout as a jet-black canvas for homages to things we hold dear, whether it's artisan coffee, a favorite edible or sumptuous flavor combination. The most recent variation of our celebrated imperial stout honors the culinary character of the Hawaiian Islands by combining the lush sweetness of coconut with vanilla and Ka'u coffee. Named after the region of Hawaii from which it hails, Ka'u is produced from some of the world's rarest coffee beans. Slow-grown beneficiaries of nutrient-rich volcanic soil and idyllic climate, Ka'u offers nuances of caramel and hazelnut plus a soft floral character, all of which marry seamlessly with natural sweetness from the vanilla and coconut as well as Speedway Stout's inherently rich, chocolaty character. Say aloha to something truly exceptional and evocative of its namesake isles.
BARREL-AGED SPEEDWAY STOUT
We've matured our Russian Imperial Stout in premium bourbon barrels to create the perfect blend of flavors. Notes of oak, vanilla, and bourbon add another level of complexity to this beer's already massive flavor profile of chocolate, Ryan Bros. coffee, and roasted barley. Designed to be enjoyed now or aged in the bottle for years to come, this special release is a truly unique beer that is as smooth as it is rare.
* * *
Purchasing Instructions (please read ALL instructions before purchasing):
1) Starting 11AM PST on Monday, November 9, you will be able to purchase up to four (4) bottles of Hawaiian Speedway Stout and up to four (4) bottles of Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout via Brown Paper Tickets (prices exclude tax and BPT service fee).
2) Bottles can be picked up starting 11AM on Saturday, November 14 during our Release Party at the AleSmith Tasting Room (9990 AleSmith Court, San Diego, CA). Bottles can be retrieved during tasting room hours from November 14 through December 27, 2015. NOTE: Any bottles not retrieved by SUNDAY, DECEMBER 27th will be surrendered back to the brewery (no exceptions).
3) At the beginning of your transaction, you will be asked to enter the first and last name of the person who will be picking up the bottles ("pickup person"). If you are picking up your own bottles, please enter your name; if you are not able to pick up your own bottles, please enter your designated pickup person's name. Whoever's name is entered as the pickup person must be the one to pick up the bottles (no exceptions). NOTE: This name will NOT appear on your ticket, but don't worry, we have your correct information.
4) Due to the high demand for these bottles, no person shall be listed as pickup person for more than three orders. This means, each person will only be allowed to pick up bottles for themselves and, at most, TWO other people. Any pickup person overages will be subject to cancellation.
5) You will need to show valid ID matching the name listed as the pickup person and confirmation of purchase from Brown Paper Tickets in order to retrieve your bottles during the dates listed
6) Do not purchase more than the maximum number of bottles allowed! Once you place your order, your name will be registered and any additional sales to the same purchaser/purchaser info will be voided. Any overages for whatever reason will be cancelled without notification.
* * *
AleSmith Brewing Company - Policies, Terms and Conditions
AleSmith Brewing Company does not ship beer directly to consumers. All beer purchases are only available for brewery pickup in our tasting room** in San Diego, CA. For hours and location please visit http://alesmith.com/contact.
Returns & Refunds
We do not accept returns under any circumstances. No refunds or exchanges will be made. All sales are final.
Order Acceptance Policy
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. AleSmith Brewing Company reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason or to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.
Privacy on Other Web Sites
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge that AleSmith Brewing Company is not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of AleSmith Brewing Company, Copyright © 2002, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping on this site or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without prior written permission of AleSmith Brewing Company. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
AleSmith Brewing Company (View)
9990 AleSmith Court
San Diego, CA 92126
|Minimum Age: 21|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|