Harvest Fest 2011 - Pocantico Hills
Highlights of Harvest Fest 2011:
* Live music featuring Dan Zanes & Friends, Spuyten Duyvil, and the all-kid band Outer Child
* Theatrical performances by Story Pirates
* Children's workshops on cooking, gardening, bees and honey and more!
* Adult workshops on cooking and gardening led by Stone Barns Center farmers, Blue Hill chefs and special guests!
* Farmers Market featuring local purveyors with delicious seasonal fare.
* Hayrides around the property for visitors of all ages.
* Demonstrations and interpretation by farmers in our fields and pastures.
* An opportunity to show off your farmer skills at our farm Olympics.
A wide selection of seasonal food and beverages, including Stone Barns Center's famous Berkshire pig roast, will be available for cash purchase all day at the Farmers Market.
Vendors at Harvest Fest will include:
* Balthazar Bakery: pastries, breads, tarts and cookies
* Bark Hot Dogs: hot dogs, sausages
* BobbySue's Nuts: baked nut mixes
* Big Picture Farm: goat milk caramels
* Captain Lawrence Brewing Company: craft beer and ale
* Defiant Brewing Company
* Irving Farm Coffee: farm roasted coffee
* Kelso of Brooklyn
* Ladle of Love: soups, stews and mac 'n cheese
* Luke's Lobster: lobster rolls
* Mast Brothers Chocolate: gourmet chocolate bars
* Mile End Deli: Smoked meat sandwiches
* Rick's Picks: pickled veggies
* Red Barn Bakery: cookies, pies and savory tarts
* Red Jacket Orchards: fresh fruit, hot and cold cider
* Saxelby Cheesemongers: assorted cheeses and grilled cheese sandwiches
* Skinny Pines: seasonal pizzas and wood fired s'mores
* Stone Barns/Blue Hill at Stone Barns: pork sandwiches
* Van Leeuwen Ice Cream: ice cream with homemade toppings
* Whole Foods Market
* Organic Valley: New York Fresh Milk
* Stone Barns Center: produce and pastured meats
Tickets: $35/adults, $25/ages 6-14, $15/ages 2-5
Raffle Tickets: $10
The Harvest Fest raffle features exciting prizes fit for a farmer or a foodie. Buy your raffle ticket(s) with your event tickets and be entered to win one of the amazing prizes, which include:
* Dinner for two at Blue Hill at Stone Barns
* A Stone Barns Pastured Thanksgiving Turkey
* Organic Valley Milk for a Year
* Two JetBlue travel certificates valid for a roundtrip flight on JetBlue
* Two tickets to an event at Tarrytown Music Hall
* A gift basket courtesy of King Arthur Flour
* Ingredients for a Farm-to-Table Feast from Whole Foods Market
* Four tickets to the Brooklyn Historical Society's fall cocktail class
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture is a non-profit farm and education center located 25 miles north of Manhattan in Pocantico Hills, New York. Stone Barns operates an 80-acre four-season farm and is working on broader initiatives to create a healthy and sustainable food system. Proceeds from Harvest Fest support education programs for students and beginning farmers.
Note: Advance ticket sales will open to Stone Barns Center members on August 8 at 9:00am. Ticket sales to the general public will begin on August 22 at 9:00am. As always, members receive a 10% discount on tickets. Tickets purchased by September 25 will be mailed; tickets purchased after September 25 will be held at will-call. The event has sold out in past years so be sure to buy your tickets early! Please note - Stone Barns Center has a strict No Dogs policy at Harvest Fest. Harvest Fest will be held Rain or Shine.
Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture (View)
630 Bedford Road
Pocantico Hills, NY 10591
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|