1st Annual All South Sound Salmon Derby
Marine Areas 11, 12 & 13
Weigh in 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
- 3 WEIGH IN LOCATIONS -
** Point Defiance Boat House, Tacoma, WA (Area 11)
** Hood Canal Marina, Union, WA (Area 12)
** Zittel's Marina, Olympia, WA (Area 13)
Tickets $35 - Includes a chance to win a Boat/Motor/Trailer package worth over $70,000!
1st - $2000 2nd - $1500 3rd - $1000
4th - 6th $250 7 - 10th $100
FREE KIDS DERBY (age 14 and under) -- $50 Prize per Area!
MYSTERY FISH -- $100 Prize per Area!
1. On-line Ticket sales will end at 5am. Tickets will be sold at the 3 launches until 8am Sat, August 15th. Credit cards will be accepted. Tickets must be purchased before launching boat
2. Weigh-in hours: 8am - 2pm
3. Salmon will be certified by Derby Officials. Derby Officials reserve the right to clean the fish or retain fish to have examined by a fisheries biologist and may do so randomly. Derby Officials may disqualify any fish that has been tampered with or appears to have been tampered with. The decision of the Derby Officials on legality, time, and weight will be final and binding.
4. Fish will be weighed in at Zittle's Marina (Johnsons Point), Point Defiance Boat House (Tacoma) or Hood Canal Marina (Union) in the whole to determine official weight. In the event of a tie, the earliest time of weigh-in shall determine the winner. A coin toss will determine the winner in case of identical weigh-in times.
5. Fishing will be allowed ONLY in open areas of WDFW Marine areas 11, 12 and 13 as described in the current WDFW regulations. NO fishing South of 47.21.000 N. in the mouth of the Skokomish river in Hood Canal. Any boats observed south of this area will be disqualified.
6. All contestants must fish in accordance with current WDFW Fishing Regulations.
7. ALL persons on board boats must possess a valid Derby ticket, valid WDFW License AND their catch record card. All anglers (and fish) on board will be disqualified if found that anyone on board does not comply. Youths must posses a free youth or paid adult derby ticket.
8. Salmon must be caught between sunrise (5:30 am), Saturday, August 15th and the end of the derby. Contestants must be in line at an official weigh-in location (see 4 above) and acknowledged by a derby official by 2 pm.
9. Salmon must arrive at the weigh-in stations by boat via water to qualify for weigh-in and/or prizes.
10.All prizes/awards will be limited to one per person. Winners need not be present to claim their prize. Winners will be notified by phone or email at the end of the derby day. All prizes will be in the form of Checks and/or Gift Certificates and will be mailed to winners. Derby ticket stub info will be used to mail awards unless winners notify derby officials of a change. Please write legible. 11.Free Youth tickets are for Youth Prizes Only. Youth is 14 years of age and under.
Note: Prize recipients are responsible for payment of any taxes that might be owed on a prize. By entering Derby and/or entering to win the 2015 Grand Prize Boat each Angler/Participant acknowledges and agrees that his/her contact information may be made available to the sponsors: Allstate Corporation, Hewescraft Boats, Mercury Marine and EZ Loader Trailers. Each entrant further acknowledges that he/she may be contacted by the Derby Series Sponsors. Anglers/Participants who prefer not to be contacted by sponsors should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising the Northwest Salmon Derby not to share their contact information. With the purchase of a derby ticket persons entering the derby and/or providing assistance to the derby officials or contestants do so of their own free will and agree to hold all sponsors harmless for damages or claims. There is no local raffle this year. End of Derby Series boat raffle only. Contestants must weigh-in fish in the area they are caught to qualify for the Mystery Fish or Kid's biggest Fish for that area.
1) Point Defiance Boat House, 2) Hood Canal Marina, 3) Zittles Marina (View)
1) Tacoma, WA, 2) Union, WA 3) Olympia, WA
Olympia, WA 98501
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|