Slow Food Seattle Summer Picnic, Local Artisan Sausage Experience, and Annual Meeting
Sunday, July 19
12pm-3pm, with Slow Food Annual Meeting at 2pm
Current Slow Food members: the password for the member price was sent out recently via email. In the ticketing section above, please click "Enter a Password or Discount Code and enter the password from the email in order to receive the discount price. If you have not received or would like to check your membership status, please email email@example.com.
Last year, we had an excellent time at our summer picnic at Ravenna Park, complete with a honey tasting and amazing potluck (Slow Food people make the best potluckers).
This year, we're returning to Ravenna Park for our 2015 summer picnic. Our special feature will be a selection of local artisan sausages to celebrate the Slow Meat initiative. Our grill will be manned by chef Varin Keokitvon and Slow Food Regional Governor Gerry Warren, both members of the Slow Food Seattle Board. After we feast, join us for our annual meeting and to learn more about Slow Food and Slow Meat.
Members and non-members are all welcome!
MAP OF PICNIC SITE
Ticket price (to help offset cost of reserved picnic area): $10pp members, $15 non-members, children under 12 free
- Come to enjoy a variety of local artisan sausage provided by Slow Food Seattle.
- Bring utensils/cups/plate/beverage for yourself and a potluck dish to share.
- We have reserved the picnic areas and shelter area; please bring along camp chairs/sit-upons for yourself and any guests.
- Meet many great people who care about good food as much as you do.
- Stay for our meeting to gain an understanding of what the new Slow Meat initiative offers in our future and other Slow Food topics.
- Special guest speaker: Fred Berman of the Northwest Agriculture Business Center, who was our delegate to the Slow Meat Conference in Denver this month.
Sausage image via Flickr
Ravenna Park (pls see park map at link in event description) (View)
2000 NE 58th St
Seattle, WA 98105
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|