GHOST TOURS OF EDITH WHARTON'S ESTATE
Find out if Edith Wharton and her beloved house can still make spines shiver. Get a head start on Halloween this year at The Mount!
Special Ghost Tour on Thursday, October 27
Due to popular demand, The Mount has added a special ghost tour on Thursday, October 27 at 6 pm. $20 for adults, $15 for ages 13-18.
For over a century, The Mount has been home to writers, actors, wealthy families, hard-working servants, and teenage girls. Tour the most haunted parts of the estate to find out what spirits might still be lurking.
- Tour begins at the Stable and last approximately 90 minutes.
- Space is limited. Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended (almost all tours sell-out).
- Due to the mature content, this tour is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early, bring a flashlight, and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour includes steep stairs and rocky paths.
- Tour will run rain or shine, but will be cancelled in dangerous weather.
At The Mount Edith Wharton fashioned a world of beauty and calm where she could write in peace and entertain distinguished friends. She created some of her greatest works here, including her first bestseller, "The House of Mirth", and her New England tale, "Ethan Frome".
Today The Mount invites visitors to tour Wharton's exquisite classical revival mansion and wander through the formal gardens. Enjoy the view from the terrace with a cool drink from our café, shop for delightful finds in the bookstore, or just relax and enjoy the beauty of the landscape. Open Daily, May-October. Free admission for youth 18 years and under.
The Mount (View)
2 Plunkett Street
Lenox, MA 01240
|Minimum Age: 12|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|