WHISKY FRINGE 2015
WHISKY FRINGE 2017 TICKETS CAN BE FOUND HERE;
If viewing this on the mobile site please go to a laptop or desktop to purchase tickets
7th,8th & 9th August - 2pm to 6pm
Now in its 14th year, Royal Mile Whiskies annual Whisky Fringe tasting event attracts people from all over the world to Edinburgh.
Come along to the beautiful Mansfield Traquair (a former church with magnificent murals by Phoebe Anne Traquair) to sample some of the best whiskies around. Over 25 distillers will be on show with a total of more than 250 drams available to taste. Please do not even consider attempting to sample them all! We recommend selecting a few that catch your eye in the detailed programme which we will email to you a couple of days prior to the event (make sure you provide us with a valid email address) Alternatively put yourself in the exhibitor's expert hands and allow them to recommend a dram to suit your own personal tastes.
As well as entry to Whisky Fringe with your ticket you will receive a free snifter glass on the day and a £10 money off voucher to spend at Royal Mile Whiskies on any 70cl bottle over £40 in value. You will also receive a token to exchange for one Half Time Orange dram (exhibitors bring along something special for you to try, but you can only select one of these mouth-watering temptations). Everyone who attends Whisky Fringe also has the opportunity to enter our Spirit of Whisky Fringe prize draw to win a £100 voucher and 4 tickets to Whisky Fringe 2016. All you have to do is fill in a (legible!) ballot paper with your choice of the best dram you sampled.
We also recommend you come to the event after a hearty brunch or lunch so you are not drinking on an empty stomach. Doors are open from 2 pm until 6 pm (last sample pour at 5.45 pm) Although 4 hours may not seem like a long time, it is more than enough time to have your fair share. Be wary of the alcoholic strength of all samples, particularly the cask strength ones, and remember to keep hydrating yourself throughout the day by drinking plenty of water from the free water stations dotted round the hall. We want to ensure that Whisky Fringe maintains its legendary reputation as a fun, easy-going and informative event.
Keep up to date with all Whisky Fringe developments through our Twitter feed (twitter.com/Royalmilewhisky)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I order using my mobile phone or tablet?
- Some difficulties were reported in past years causing people to miss out, but it should be possible. However, we strongly recommend you purchase tickets via a desktop or laptop computer.
- Do I need to fill in every persons name that I am buying tickets for?
- No. We have removed this feature from the purchasing process. However if buying tickets for others, all attendees must be of legal drinking age. We adhere to the Challenge 25 policy.
- Once I have placed my order in my basket how long do I have to complete the transaction?
- Your tickets are safely held for 15 minutes, allowing you ample time to make your purchase.
- PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION WITHIN THE 15 MINUTES YOUR BASKET IS RELEASED. ANY TICKETS YOU WERE HOLDING THEN BECOME AVAILABLE FOR GENERAL SALE AGAIN. THE SAME PRINCIPLE APPLIES FOR ANY FAILED PAYMENT TRANSACTIONS.
- Can I place an order with Brown Paper Tickets over the phone?
- Yes, but we do not recommend it. For reasons of speed we very strongly suggest you buy online through the Brown Paper Tickets website rather than their US based call centre.
- Can I order through Royal Mile Whiskies by phone or in person?
- No. We will NOT be selling any tickets through our shops or through the Royal Mile Whiskies phonelines.
- Can I get a refund if I no longer want to attend?
- No. there are no ticket refunds for this event.
- What documentation do I need to bring to gain entry on the day?
- Please bring either your physical tickets that will be posted to your delivery address within a fortnight of ordering or bring your Print at Home tickets with the barcode. (Please try not to crease the barcode when folding!) If you are also lucky enough to look under 25 years old please bring some official identification (Passport or driving license)
- I have got some questions about the event. Who should I call?
- Call us at Royal Mile Whiskies (0131 524 9380) and we will be more than happy to help answer any questions that you may have. We are available Monday to Friday, 9.30am - 5.30pm.
Also don't forget to check out our Twitter and Facebook feeds for up to date info as well as Royal Mile Whiskies Whisky Fringe page for guidelines on the event.
- I have got some questions about the Brown Paper Ticket site or the ticket ordering process. Who do I call?
- For all queries regarding Brown Paper Tickets and the ticket purchasing process we recommend calling or emailing Brown Paper Tickets (0800 411 8881 or 0330 010 firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mansfield Traquair (View)
15 Mansfield Place (foot of Broughton Street)
Edinburgh EH3 6BB
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|