Giving Voice: Reflections from a Recovered Athlete
Co-founder and Clinical Director, Kara Bazzi, LMFT, CEDS will provide a view into the world of sports, athletics, and coaching that will aid clinicians in caring for their clients who are actively competing or historically competitive athletes. Kara will share from her experience as a collegiate athlete and a licensed marriage and family therapist specializing in work with eating disorders.
1) Clinicians will be able to describe the areas of resistance in working with athletes and learn tools for addressing resistance
2) Clinicians will be able to describe how to work effectively with the athlete's sport "system"
3) Clinicians will be able to name the unique treatment targets for athletes versus non-athletes
4) Clinicians will be able to list sport-specific issues as it relates to eating disorder treatment
5) Clinicians will be able to name considerations of their own sport/movement history and how to effectively use their own experiences in the clinical setting
Opal: Food + Body Wisdom (View)
1100 NE 45th Street, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98105
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|