Re-Maker Fest!: Crafting New Ways with Old Stuff
Join re-makers at the Brown Paper Tickets Community Room on February 9th, bring an unwanted object, show off your remade / refurbished / repurposed work, and engage in an enlightening, informative, and entertaining discussion about remake culture.
Who is remaking the world?
- Brown Paper Tickets CEO and re-maker extraordinaire, Steve Butcher,
- University of Washington lecturer and dumpster-diving researcher David Giles, PhD,
- Ballard Reuse Lead Designer (of furniture and art crafted from salvaged materials), James Taylor, and
- Co-Founder and Executive Director of Seattle ReCreative, Jenna Boitano
will chat about the re-maker mindset: what it is, how to get it, and what to do once you have it.
Special guest: Raghe Abdirahman - Founder, East African Rural Development Foundation
Why should you join us on Monday, February 9th, to explore the world of remaking?
You will get to:
- show off your remade / refurbished / repurposed work,
- learn about some amazing ways members of your community are remaking the world,
- unload gift-related clutter and think about new ways to work with unwanted objects,
- get your Valentine's Day shopping done, and
- support a great cause*!
So come! And:
- bring your unwanted holiday gifts for a reject gift drive,
- shop for Valentine's gifts and other treasures at BBSC's silent auction,
- represent your own remade work, and
- enjoy an inspiring and educational re-maker mind meld.
Event Sponsored by:
- Seattle Office of Sustainability & Environment
- Brown Paper Tickets
Get tickets now to reserve your spot!
* All proceeds from this event will support The Big-Brained Superheroes Club, an afterschool program at Yesler Community Center on a mission to tap into the hidden strengths that all young people have through the interdisciplinary exploration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM).
Brown Paper Tickets Community Resource Room (View)
309 N 36th St
Seattle, WA 98103
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|