For more than fifteen years, Brown Paper Tickets has been on the cutting edge of transparent, fair-trade, high-quality, low-cost ticketing. We get things done, and strive to do right by everyone we work with. We’re actively philanthropic in non-traditional ways. We’ve been told that we’re a little weird, and we take it as a compliment.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees, six weeks paid time off per year, a week of paid volunteer time per year, a company-paid bus pass or free parking, free office snacks, a pet-friendly workplace, and the community of some amazing co-workers.
We’re looking for a talented individual to coordinate the efforts of our marketing and sales/outreach teams. This is a new position that offers opportunity to see existing strategy and projects through and the excitement of composing a company relaunch. Core responsibilities include developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy to support the company vision, brand, and goals. Staff management includes a lot of collaboration and efforts to facilitate the independence, efficiency, and effectiveness of the Marketing and Outreach staff. You will be navigating between big picture strategy, and execution of project details as necessary.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or above in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or related field
- 8+ years of marketing experience (Tech/Web company background preferred)
- 8+ years of sales management experience
- 6+ years prior management experience of a team of 5 of more
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clear direction; lead by example; coach, support, and mentor staff in meeting the expectations of their roles.
- Schedule/facilitate department meetings and staff training.
- Oversee staff schedules and time off requests.
- Evaluate the performance and effectiveness of local and remote staff efforts; provide regular feedback and coaching.
- Schedule and complete semi-annual employee performance reviews and annual wage evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with company owners, direct reports, and other company departments to develop, document, and implement the company’s marketing and communication strategies using best practices.
- Oversee marketing communication including a relaunch, branding, public relations, advertising, social media, website content and visuals, and other marketing materials.
- Collaborate for the development, documentation, and maintenance of a unified voice and content guidelines for the company’s various audiences.
- Develop processes, systems, and guidelines to manage the creation and publication of customer-facing content.
- Coordinate and oversee implementation the content creation for key contact points, such as website support documentation and written communications to clients.
- Collaborate on strategy and oversee creation of messaging, marketing materials, and display items for various conferences, trade shows, and networking events.
- Work collaboratively with company ownership and direct reports to design, coordinate and execute a concerted domestic and overseas outreach strategy, keeping in mind regional and cultural sensitivities and practices.
- Create and develop new strategies for promoting and educating potential and existing clients about our services.
- Maintain and extend our Not-Just-For-Profit philosophy in the support and development of community groups.
- Help Outreach staff grow the number of new event producers and events listed on the Brown Paper Tickets system through authentic and transparent client interactions.
- Coordinate with the customer service support department to maintain sales staff’s knowledge of the site tools and resources.
- Evaluate growth and performance of outreach efforts.
- Retain current event organizers by providing ongoing support and maintaining relationships.
- Evaluate ROI and coordinate on strategy for staff attendance at various conferences, trade shows, and networking events.
- Other duties as assigned
We do things a little differently. Generous benefits and fair compensation aside, we believe in openness and equality in every aspect of our business. This can be seen in the way we treat our staff, the way we treat our customers, and the way we treat our community. We don’t believe in dress codes. We do believe in getting things done quickly and efficiently. We like people who can set lofty goals and then reach them.
Please bring your humanity, energy, positive attitude, ideas, and humor. You can learn more about us at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/about/careers.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision (90% dependents)
- Six weeks PTO per year
- One week paid volunteer time per year
- Employer-paid bus pass or parking
- Free on-site snacks
Provide email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include why you’d like to work for Brown Paper Tickets and what super powers you’d bring with you (KSA’s and beyond).
- Seattle-area candidates only
- Pets on premises
- Please no calls or recruiters