Seeking a professional, talented, humble, creative self-starter to join our small but mighty marketing team in the heart of Fremont!
Come join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees, up to 6 weeks Paid Time Off per year, a week of paid volunteer time per year, a company-paid bus pass, office lunch and snacks, and the community of some amazing co-workers.
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for working across a wide range of internal teams, and for end-to-end marketing communications planning from strategy, to execution, and optimization. Lead short and long-term projects, such as social media management, source editorial calendar content, create communications materials, coordinate creative briefs, and contribute to the quarterly Marketing and Outreach newsletter. Generally, contribute to infrastructure and policies to transform and elevate the company’s marketing function.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- One to two years’ marketing experience and strong media relations skills.
- Foundational knowledge of multi-disciplinary communication strategies including earned, owned, and paid media.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the tenets of traditional and digital marketing best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of social media platforms and best practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply SEO principles and practices.
- Functional knowledge and experience with WordPress and/or other CMS.
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, think creatively, and take a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Skilled in clear and concise written communications; able to convey information effectively and creatively.
- Ability to use proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling in written communications.
- Ability to work with a wide range of teams and individuals.
- Ability to adjust to quickly changing priorities and situations.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and working under pressure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute short and long-term marketing and communications strategies for Brown Paper Tickets target audiences across various channels such as blog, Facebook, Twitter, public relations, search, and email.
- Manage the monthly content editorial calendar by sourcing relevant and compelling content.
- Develop effective, concise and compelling communications materials, including story ideas, blog and social media posts, press releases, and presentations.
- Work with creative team to produce creative assets by managing creative briefs and project deadlines.
- Manage and optimize paid media campaigns to meet company goals.
- Manage social media channels by publishing content, engaging with fans/followers, identifying strategic influencers, and monitoring for timely customer response.
- Coordinate with outreach team and IT to identify and pull strategic lists of data from the company database. Utilize lists to create custom audiences on paid channels and develop custom emails in Campaign Monitor.
- Source blog entries from guest contributors, edit content, and publish to company blog.
- Contribute and help edit quarterly Marketing and Outreach newsletter.
- Participate in monthly Marketing and Outreach video conference calls.
- Other duties as assigned
- $48,000 annually
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision (80% dependents)
- PTO of 30 days per year
- 5 days paid volunteer time per year
- Employer-paid bus pass
- On-site sandwiches, salads, and snacks
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include why you’d like to work for Brown Paper Tickets and what super powers you’d bring with you (KSA’s and beyond).
- Seattle-area candidates only
- Experienced candidates only please
- Pets on premises
- Please no calls or recruiters
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You'll receive an automatic confirmation email after you apply.