Join our cast of characters and take the road less traveled.
Department: Customer Service
Location: New York
Pay Rate: $17 per hour
Brown Paper Tickets is seeking part-time Customer Service Representatives to provide outstanding customer service from our New York office in Brooklyn!
Come join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, partial employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance depending on eligibility, generous Paid Time Off, a week of paid volunteer time per year, a partially company-paid MTA pass, office lunch and snacks, and the community of some amazing co-workers.
We are looking for representatives to work between 18-30 hours within the following days and times:
*Wednesday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
We can offer a schedule that works best for you within the above range (for example, half-days on each day, full days on three of the days, etc.). After training is completed, you would be on a set schedule of your choosing. Should your scheduling needs change, we can also be flexible on a week-to-week basis as long as the hours worked are within the above days and times, which are based on our current coverage needs.
* Training will take place 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday for about two weeks prior to starting your regular shift schedule.
Day-to-day activities for this position include:
* Taking inbound calls from customers who
– wish to purchase tickets to a variety of events
– want to know more about particular events
– might be a little lonely and want somebody nice to talk to
* Corresponding with customers and coworkers via e-mail & chat
* Troubleshooting problematic ticket orders
Applicants should possess:
* An almost freakish attention to detail
* The deep desire and uncanny ability to provide top-notch customer service
* The ability to use proper punctuation, grammar, and spelling in written communications
* The ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written conversations
* The ability to multi-task
* Prior experience working with a multi-line phone system, E-mail and instant messaging
* A friendly, helpful, and fun demeanor!
About the Company:
We do things a little differently. We don’t believe in dress codes. We do believe in our ability to change the event industry for the better. We like people who can set lofty goals and then reach them.
Please bring your humanity, energy, positive attitude, ideas, and humor. You can learn more about us at http://www.BrownPaperTickets.com.
How you should apply:
1. Submit a resume
2. Include a brief cover letter explaining:
a.) why you want to work for Brown Paper Tickets
b.) what super powers you would bring with you (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Pets on premises
No phone calls or walk-ins, please
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll receive an automatic confirmation email after you apply.