Brown Bag Songwriting Competition FINALS
WHEN : Finals are Sunday, November 23rd
WHERE: Asheville Music Hall (upstairs)
WHAT: Brown Bag Songwriting Finals showcase winners chosen over pervious 11 weeks. Come out and cheer for local Asheville musicians and songwriters!
Semi-Finals: Every Monday September 8 - Nov. 17, 2014
7:30 - 10:00 pm
(sign ups start at 7:00, arrive early list fills quickly)
Brown Bag is the only competition of its kind in Western North Carolina. In a region full of creativity and musicality, Brown Bag serves as the ground floor for Asheville's emerging talent. "We are proud to provide a supportive listening environment for original music and elevate the craft of songwriting," says Jenny Greer-Fares, founder of Brown Bag. "It's all about original music and the search for variety and individuality."
Performers will be judged on LYRICS, VOCAL PERFORMANCE, INSTRUMENT PLAYING, STAGE PRESENCE & ORIGINALITY.
Each Thursday at noon (EST), the Brown Bag FB page will accept names for registration prior to the upcoming week's event. Five performers will be selected to compete. The remaining five slots will be filled at the venue on the day of the event 30 mins prior to the start of Brown Bag. Performers who wish to compete are encouraged to arrive early to secure their slot.
DETAILS and RULES:
1. Maximum limit of 3 people on-stage per act
2. Play two original songs (no covers all original music only)
3. Be ready to play before your time slot (sometimes the competition will run ahead of schedule)
4. Don't start playing until you are announced
5. Be ready to play (have our instrument tuned before you get on stage)
6. Three finalists will return at the end of each evening to play a song one more time, then the winner will be announced.
7. One instrument per person per set. (including percussion instruments)
8. One small & simple amp per guitarist is allowed, no pedals, looping or prerecorded tracks are allowed. This rule is designed to allow electric guitarists to use a simple electric guitar & amp set up. The tone you choose must be the tone you use for the entire song. No amp adjustments during the song.
9. One keyboard with 1/4" or XLR output (no amp) allowed.
10. No computers.
Asheville Music Hall (View)
31 Patton Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|