Chefs in the City 2014
"Chefs in the City" is a celebration of the culinary arts, fine wine and beer from the Kamloops region. Guests learn to pair food and wine, and enjoy beverages, hors d'oeuvres and desserts as they mingle with professional chefs, restaurant owners, vintners, brewers and friends. The evening also features great jazz music, raffles and a silent auction.
This year we feature 19 local chefs and 8 wineries and breweries.
This event is hosted by the Rotary Club of Kamloops.
THANKS TO FUNDS RAISED AT CHEFS IN THE CITY WE ARE ABLE TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
- FAMILY DINNERS providing struggling families with a good meal in a safe, friendly environment Last year we served 1400 meals, this year we hope to double that, but we need your help
- POWER START providing nutritious breakfasts to kids in need at Stuart Wood throughout the school year
- FOOD BANK last year we provided $45,000 in support to the Food Bank's programs and renovation
- CULINARY BURSARIES TRU Culinary Arts Students in financial need are provided with bursaries to help them stay in university and achieve their educational goals
- and MANY OTHER PROGRAMS for underprivileged kids in Kamloops
Campus Activity Centre, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC (View)
900 McGill Road
Kamloops, BC V2C 0C8
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|