Tiny Large Sounds: A Fundraiser for Golden Hornet's Insectum
Golden Hornet, the acclaimed composer laboratory for the 21st century, is holding a fundraiser for its recent commission: Insectum. Insectum is a sonic exploration of the world of arthropods, their history, and their future. The work will be both a celebration of the most successful and longest existing multicellular group of animals on the planet, as well as a cautionary tale about how their current threatened status poses dangers for the entire global ecosystem. Insectum will feature original compositions by Golden Hornet founder Graham Reynolds as well as composers Susie Ibarra and Jeffrey Zeigler.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE EVENT:
- A talk with two entomologists and KUT's Joy Diaz about the world of insects
- Performances of selections from Insectum by Graham Reynolds
- Performances of original compositions made by students enrolled in our Young Composers Program
- Live screen printing of Insectum posters
- Dinner of paella, salad, and sangria following the performances and presentations
Insectum is made possible by co-commissioners Kathleen & Harvey Guion as well as the Suzanne Deal Booth Cultural Trust. Don't miss out on this exciting event graciously hosted at Austin Classical Guitar's new venue: The Rosette!
The Rosette (View)
3908 Avenue B Ste 116
Austin, TX 78751
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|