Rolling Hills Asylum Ghost Hunt
What is included:
Ghost Hunt with experienced Ghost Hunting Team to show you all the hot spots and different ways to investigate
We will show you how the equipment works and how to use it . This will include trigger objects, EMF Meters, and recorders , just to name a few.
Private time to explore this location and to undertake your very own investigations.
Unlimited refreshments available throughout the night including: Coca Cola, Diet Coke, and Bottled Water and a selection of snacks. ( No Coffee)
One of the most notable patients was Roy, a seven-foot-tall man who suffered from gigantism. The son of a banker whose family was embarrassed by his appearance, Roy was dropped off at the poor house at the age of 12 and lived there until he died at 62.
Many visitors have reported seeing and have captured photos of a tall shadow man believed to be the spirit of Roy.
Known for her cruelty, Emmie Altworth, Nurse Emmie, was hated by both patients and staff members.
It was rumored Nurse Emmie was involved in the dark arts and performed rituals in Rolling Hills. Guests have reported hearing loud screams of a woman believed to be Nurse Emmie that wanders the halls of the infirmary.
The Shadow Hallway in the old mens dormitory is where numerous shadow people have been seen and documented by visitors.
Shadow people will come in and out of doorways, cross hallways and even crawl on the floor towards visitors.
Next to the embalming table in the morgue are two large walk-in refrigerators, with heavy latching doors for cold storage of human corpses.
Ghostly voices and objects moved by unseen forces have been reported as well as people who have been shoved and knocked off their feet.
On the first floor the distinct voice of an elderly woman calling out hello has been captured.
It is believed to be the voice of a former nursing home patient who was blind and used to call out hello to get the attention of the nurses.
The voice was confirmed to be Hatties by a former employee who listened to the EVP.
Evidence captured and witnessed at the Rolling Hills Asylum includes disembodied voices, doors slamming, footsteps, shadow people, ghostly touches, numerous EVP recordings, and full body apparitions.
Originally spanning more than 200 acres, and before becoming infamously known as Rolling Hills Asylum, the property was The Genesee County Poor Farm, also referred to as The Old County Home.
The Poor Farm often housed orphaned children, families, destitute elderly, physically handicapped, mentally unstable, morally corrupt, even criminals.
Prior to the adoption of the Social Security program in the 1930s, local, government-run poor farms were widespread in the United States and exposed the stigma and shame society placed on those who were unable to support themselves.
This official announcement, dated December 9, 1826 appeared in an issue of the Batavia Times newspaper:
"Notice is hereby given that the Genesee County Poorhouse will be ready for the reception of paupers on the first day of January 1827
The Overseers of the Poor of the several towns of the County of Genesee are requested, in all cases of removal of paupers to the county poorhouse, to send with them their clothing, beds, bedding and such other articles belonging to the paupers as may be necessary and useful to them.
In 1828 the County constructed a stone building attached to the Poorhouse for the confinement of lunatics and a repository for paupers committed for misconduct.
Residents were referred to as inmates (regardless of why they were housed there) and those physically able-bodied were expected to work on the self-sufficient farm to help offset living expenses.
The County would bury those who had no family, and records indicate there was once a cemetery located on the property. But as the headstones crumbled, the grass grew and the forest flourished, no one was left to care for those who had been forgotten.
Through the years it has operated as an infirmary, orphanage, tuberculosis hospital and by 1950 the property served primarily as a nursing home.
By 1974 all living residents were moved to other facilities. As you will soon experience, many of the deceased residents still remain.
In 1992 the building was re-opened as a mall known as Carriage Village and renamed Rolling Hills Country Mall in 2003. Closed in 2007, the building was left to the elements until it was reopened for ghost investigations.
Rolling Hills Asylum (View)
11001 Bethany Center Road
East Bethany, NY 14054
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|