So You Want to be a Nonprofit?
Should we become a nonprofit or something else?
This training will cover considerations that community members should be thinking about and planning for before they make the decision to create a nonprofit organization.
In this interactive workshop, participants will receive information that will assist them to:
- Decide if a nonprofit is the best structure for addressing the community need they have identified; and
- Understand the process for forming a Washington State nonprofit corporation and/or applying for IRS tax-exempt status.
Topics well cover include:
- what you need to know before forming a nonprofit (look before you leap);
- how to assess your readiness to form and sustain a nonprofit;
- simple steps to take you from your dream to nonprofit with IRS 501 (c) (3) tax- exempt status;
- helpful hints and pitfalls to avoid when forming your organization; and
- much more!
Judy Andrews, Apex Law Group
Jodi Nishioka, Communities Rise
Online Access Information
You will be provided instructions to access the digital content for this event. When and how these instructions are delivered to you is determined by the Event Organizer. To ensure access, use an up-to-date email address and avoid unsubscribing from email updates. See our Help Center
for more information.