Regenerative Agriculture Workshop Series - Understanding and Working with Living Soils
- This 12-week workshop series will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to adapt and transition towards regenerative practices conducive to soil life.
- Each week, you will cultivate a new understanding of how your land management practices impact your soil's production capacity.
- Throughout the series, we will support you in developing a platform to help you make better decisions on restoring and nurturing the living soil community using ecological-based principles.
- Workshop sessions will be held via video conference software on Tuesdays from 6:30 pm to 8 pm PST (UTC -8) for lecture/presentation followed by 30 minutes (until 8:30 pm) for Q and A. There will be a three-week break for the holidays.
Additional value available for 3 participants
We will be working with three participants during the course as examples of how to assess, diagnose and implement Regenerative Agriculture concepts and practices. These three participants will work with Jo and Javan to assess and use their site as an example during the course.
Interested participants will be contacted by Jo or Javan if they are eligible.
The participants who work with Jo and Javan will be provided with the following additional value:
- One soil and one compost biological analysis, including report interpretation and recommendation from the landscape you are currently managing. **
- Regenerative land-design Analysis and Simple Consultation.
** NOTE: At this point, soil and compost samples can only be accepted from within Canada.
Who this workshop is for
- Commercial farmers (small-medium scale production);
- Park board commissioners (members of a municipality in charge of managing city parks);
- Municipal Employees or Consultants in charge of land management (could include park board commissioners, road works, engineers, landscape architects, technicians and others);
- Greenhouse operators;
- Cannabis producers;
- Backyard gardeners;
- Individuals with a general interest in soil ecology, regenerative agriculture, permaculture and agroecology.
Javan Kerby Bernakevitch, Regenerative Land Designer and Educator
All Points Land Design
Jo Tobias, Regenerative Soils Consultant and Soil FoodWeb Advisor
1.5 - 2hr Video Conference Session - Tuesdays Presentation - 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Q&A - 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm PST (UTC -8)
- Week 1 - November 17th, 2020 - Introduction to Regenerative Agriculture
- Week 2 - November 24th, 2020 - Making Holistic Decisions
- Week 3 - December 1st, 2020 - Introducing Living Soils and the Rhizosphere
Discovering the Rhizosphere - an intimate relationship between roots and soil
- Week 4 - December 8th, 2020 - The Rhizosphere Microbiome; Theory & Practical - Under the Microscope
- Week 5 - January 5th, 2021 - Introduction to The Keyline Plan for Full Farm/Garden Design
- Week 6 - January 12th, 2021 - Ecological Processes in the Soil - Decomposition & Nutrient Cycling
- Week 7 - January 19th, 2021 - Practical Visual Soil Assay
- Week 8 - January 26th, 2021 - Creating Viable Biological Amendments - Compost
- Week 9 - February 2nd, 2021 - Creating Viable Biological Amendments - Compost Tea & Compost Extract
- Week 10 - February 9th, 2021 - Application of Biological Amendments
- Week 11 - February 16th, 2021 - Managing Soil Health
- Week 12 - February 23rd, 2021 - Regenerative Agriculture and Living Soils Next Steps
Cancellation and Refund Policy
This is a non-refundable event.
If you cannot attend the workshop before it begins, you are permitted to find another participant to take your seat and manage the value exchange. Please send an email to email@example.com to inform us of this exchange.
If you are dissatisfied with the workshop after attending all sessions and feel you didnt receive what was laid out in the workshop description please contact us.
You will receive an email link to the workshop one-week before we begin.
Online Access Information
You will be provided instructions to access the digital content for this event. When and how these instructions are delivered to you is determined by the Event Organizer. To ensure access, use an up-to-date email address and avoid unsubscribing from email updates. See our Help Center
for more information.