2020 Shady Grove Bluegrass Music Festival
This year marks our 30th Anniversary of the Shady Grove Bluegrass Music Festival.
We are celebrating this occasion at an new venue located at the Sundre Rodeo Grounds.
Sundre is centrally located in proximity to Calgary, Red Deer and Edmonton.
Our stellar lineup consists of internationally acclaimed musicians from across the United States and Canada.
The Shady grove festival is great for the whole family
1. Concerts - some of the greatest bluegrass bands from accross Canada and the US, and features some of our local heroes.
2. Music workshops - bring your instruments and get instruction from world class musicians.
3. Jam sessions - camp fire jams as well as professionally facilitated jams where you can either join in, or just listen and enjoy.
4. Square Dancing - learn how to square dance accompanied by a Old Timey Band and a caller.
5. Youth program / kids fun zone - kids events with an old time music theme
6. Camping - Bring your RV or tent and stay the night or weekend. There will be a quiet zone as well as a jam zone for those who like to pick until all hours of the night.
7. Gospel Hour - on Sunday come out and listen or join into some classic gospel tunes
8. Beer Gardens - for the adults, there will be a beer gardens on site, where you can listen to the bands on stage while wetting your whistle.
FY5 - USA * Kathy Kallick Band - USA * Andrew Collins Trio - Toronto
* Unspoken Tradition - USA * Calvin Volrath - Alberta
AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED
Sundre Proffessional Rodeo Grounds (View)
410 2 Ave NW
Sundre, AB T2N 0H4
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|