BDSM, The Law and You: A Legal and Safety Class (Los Angeles)
So, you're in the BDSM scene and you want to play safely and legally and you're wondering how to do that. Join the crowd. Navigating the legalities and your rights can be a daunting task, as the laws just don't vary from state to state, but from county to county. In the US alone, there are 3,141 counties. Even the most skilled attorney could not possibly know the codes for over 3000 counties, so how can you protect yourself?
Is Professional Female Domination prostitution? Can a slave sue me for an injury from a scene? Can I lose my job due to my fetish orientation? Is whipping assault? If fisting is illegal to do in videos, why is there fisting content all over the internet? These are some of the many questions that plague the fetish community.
Mistress Tara Indiana has been active in the fetish scene for 29 years both personally and professionally. She has worked in all aspects of adult entertainment all over the country and will be sharing some of the things she's picked with you together with an actual attorney.
Some of the topics covered will be:
1. What are the legal definitions of prostitution?
2. Staying Safe - it's not what you do, it's what you say
3. How LE works
4. How to screen play mates
5. How to protect and manage privacy
6. What are the legal definitions of assault and kidnapping?
7. Cops and Robbers: They will ask the same questions. Find out what they are.
8. Compliance with zoning, fire codes and C of O's
9. Picking a space and building it. Where, when, why, how, who and what.
10. Obscenity laws: What you can and can't you do in a video? On the Internet? In a public performance? On TV? and more.
11. PR: How to interact with the community, your neighbors and the media
Moderator: Mss. Tara Indiana
This class is BDSM professionals or all genders and lifestyle couples only. Fetish pros must have current and active website for confirmation. We reserve the right to turn anyone away.
Tara Indiana is not an attorney and no part of this class should be considered legal advise. As always, you should consult with an actual attorney on all legal matters.
For a full list of classes, visit
For more info on the instructor, visit
Dungeon East (View)
East 14th Street & Alameda - EXACT ADDRESS with TICKET!
Los Angeles, CA 90021
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|