Catalyst Kitchens Train-the-Trainer Workshop for Chef Instructors, Trainers, and Culinary Staff
Support your staff, support your students.
Our Train the Trainer workshops are designed for student trainers and programs staff to engage students from day one by creating a strong culture of learning in the kitchen and classroom. This workshop gives chefs and front-line instructors the tools and techniques to more effectively coach, teach, and provide critical feedback to their training populations.
Workshop facilitator and Program Development Manager Justin Smith has years of experience through his time as a Chef Trainer for FareStart and Inspiration Corporation in student training, curriculum development, and a strong knowledge base of the social enterprise training model.
Participants will learn how to:
- Establish a culture of learning in the kitchen and classroom through our Coaching Champions course.
- Engage students from day 1 with consistent language, guidelines, and teaching techniques.
- Lead effective classroom and kitchen lessons for diverse learners.
- Write productive recurring student evaluations for improved departmental communications.
- Build person-centric language and approach to training that foster stable program growth and retention.
- Improve communication regarding student progression among different departments to provide a holistic approach to the student experience and training progress.
- Create and enhance their own lessons and assessment that fit the unique service populations across the Catalyst Kitchens network.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for front line staff in programs or operations who have direct contact with students within their role. The typical attendee is a chef trainer or supervisor of operations or programs.
Thursday, November 7th, 2019, 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Friday, November 8th, 2019, 8:00 am-4:00 pm
700 Virginia Street
Seattle, Washington 98101
Members: $500 per person
Corporate and National partners: $625 per person
Non-members: $750 per person
*This cost is to cover the cost of meals, venue, and workshop material fees. Lunch will be provided both days. All participants are expected to pay for their own travel and lodging.
Our member discount code can be found on the member's events calendar in the Catalyst Kitchens member portal (account login required). For questions regarding the workshop, please reach out to workshop facilitator Justin Smith at email@example.com.
700 Virginia Street (@7th Avenue)
Seattle, WA 98101
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|