Intro. to TED Ed Technologies HANGOUT
Fri. May 17, 2013 11 am - noon OR
Fri. May 24, 2013 3 pm - 4 pm
Designed for educators and presenters to use existing & create new video lessons for students, free, by:
1. Using existing video lessons at http://ed.ted.com in the classroom
2. "flipping"/ or customizing existing video lessons
3. creating lessons for any YouTube video on the internet (including TEDxShelburneFalls videos!)
4. creating 3-min. videos to use on TED's Ed lesson platform (that others can flip...)
Watch the brief video to the left for a 3 minute overview.
There are two ways to participate:
1. Attend the in-person hangout with others at GCC's Sloan Theater where TED staffer Jordan Reeves will present a virtual tour and introduction to the TED Ed technologies livestreamed from his office in NYC.
2. login via your computer at your own location via Google Hangouts to participate. (Must have Google+ account to do so.)
TEDxShelburneFalls curator Stacy Kontrabecki will be on hand at the GCC hangout co-facilitating with Leo Hwang, Dean of Humanities - GCC.
If participating remotely:
1. sign up for Google Plus here: http://www.google.com/plus
2. Access this event page 15 minutes before the event for the website address you will go to to participate in this hangout remotely. The link will be located to the right under our email address where the www.TEDxShelburneFalls.com link is presently.
MORE ABOUT TED-ED
TED-Ed's commitment to creating lessons worth sharing is an extension of TED's mission of spreading great ideas. Within the growing TED-Ed video library, you will find carefully curated educational videos, many of which represent collaborations between talented educators and animators nominated through the TED-Ed platform. This platform also allows users to take any useful educational video, not just TED's, and easily create a customized lesson around the video. Users can distribute the lessons, publicly or privately, and track their impact on the world, a class, or an individual student. Join this Hangout to learn more about TED-Ed and flipping videos (including anything on YouTube).
Greenfield Community College, Sloan Theater, Main Bldg. (View)
Greenfield, MA 01301
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|