Chefs in the City 2018 - Monday November 5
THE EVENT !
Sponsored by Valley First Credit Union, the Rotary Club of Kamloops presents Chefs in the City, a celebration of the culinary arts, fine wine and beer from the region. Guests will enjoy beverages, hors doeuvres and desserts as they mingle with professional chefs, restaurant owners, vintners, brewers and friends. Tickets to this event are $75 each. There will be 20 local restaurants and caterers participating, along with 10 local wineries and breweries. Your ticket to this event pays for all food and beverages, an amazing value that helps good causes in your community.
THANKS TO THIS EVENT WE HAVE RAISED OVER $325,000 IN THE PAST 10 YEARS TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
- FOOD BANK $105,000 in support to the Food Banks programs and renovations
- TRU BURSARIES $50,000 to TRU Culinary Arts Students for bursaries that help them stay in university and achieve their educational goals
- CHRISTOPHER SEGUIN ROTARY FAMILY DINNERS $30,000 to regularly provide needy families with a good meal in a safe, friendly environment This program was recognized by Rotary District 5060 as the program that best reflects Rotarys commitment to supporting families in need
- WILDFIRE RECOVERY FUND $10,000 for this fund started in 2017 and supported by all clubs in Rotary District 5060. The fund helps communities and specific families near Kamloops with recovery from the devastating effects of the 2017 and 2018 wildfires, by filling specific gaps that government and insurance funding do not cover.
- MANY OTHER PROGRAMS - $130,000 for projects helping underprivileged kids in Kamloops, as well as carefully managed international projects that address the need for education and clean water in less fortunate parts of the world.
TRU Activity Centre (View)
Kamloops, BC V2C 0E1
|Minimum Age: 19|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|