San Francisco, I Love You!
San Francisco, I Love You! is the newest, original, full-length work by Footloose Presents at Shelton Theater near San Francisco's Union Square. Shows are ONLY ON THURSDAYS MAY 3 through JUNE 28. NOTE the early showtime at 7:30 pm and join us in the Shelton bar for a Happy Hour happening from 7:00-7:30.
ALL AGES WELCOME and the theater is ACCESSIBLE.
Directed by Mary Alice Fry in collaboration with world class writers, filmmakers, composers and the cast, the show is packed with satire, comedy, drama, music, dance and films. The multi-talented performers play different characters and are part of the ensemble bringing stories onstage about the changes to our city of love. They are: Carolé Acuña, Sara-Jean Bartky, Joshua Berg, Khela Campos, Mary Alice Fry, Cesar A. Herrera, Krystle Liggins, Kristen Rulifson, Bruce Yelaska and Xedex.
The vignettes range from romantic and idyllic to the gritty and not so pretty, and the moods change as quickly as our San Francisco weather. From booms to busts, San Francisco is a crossroads of counterculture cool and capitalist bravado. This fickle city always tries to be mythological. Locals get nostalgic for a San Francisco that they miss, a San Francisco that they never got to see or one that never existed at all.
When you arrive, you will be invited to the Shelton Theater's lower level bar. Come early to relax, have a drink, mix and mingle. Then we move into the cabaret theater next to the bar for the full 70 minute show which includes the following:
- 'Round Midnight, a noir style play set on a foggy San Francisco night by Ron Campbell.
- Mi Casa No Es Mi Casa, a premiere film by Molly Stuart about the struggle she and Xedex, her housemate, went through in an attempt to keep their home in the Mission District.
- La Llorona, spoken word performance by Khela Campos (poem by Stephanie Sherman).
- SF Real State, a farce about the housing crisis in San Francisco by Jeff Bedillion.
- The Name Event at Cafe Trieste, stories set in North Beach by Bruce Yelaska.
- You're Cooking Good, a slapstick comedy food show with a local celebrity chef written and directed by Mary Alice Fry.
- Lucha Libre, a dance performance with Xedex and Cesar A. Herrera in full Luchador Mexican wrestling costumes that symbolizes a battle cry for territory being lost in the Mission.
- If I Fall, ensemble finale song by Cesar A. Herrera and Joshua Berg.
Directed and Produced by Mary Alice Fry
in collaboration with performers:
*Plus special guests and film by Molly Stuart
**Additional short plays by Jeff Bedillion and Ron Campbell.
Shelton Theater (View)
533 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
|Minimum Age: 10|
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: Yes!|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|