Scary Cow Independent Film Festival
Join us on Saturday, November 4th to celebrate the newest batch of short films made by local filmmakers. You're invited to vote for the best films and the top voted films will receive budget awards for future projects! Your participation will help us decide which filmmakers should receive funding!
Following the screening, there will be an After Party where we'll be toasting the filmmakers, mingling, talking about our next projects, and announcing the winners! We'd love to see you there! Be sure to purchase a Festival Pass if you'd like to attend the party.
Scary Cow is a collective of professional and amateur filmmakers that make films together. Our films are of a wide range of genres and quality and a lot of fun to both make and watch! As a film collective, we believe the best way to learn to make films is to actually get out there and make them with like-minded individuals. Every four months, we watch the films we create together on the big screen at the historic Castro Theatre.
We'd love for you to be a part of our community and join us for the screening. Everyone is welcome. Come support local filmmaking right here in the Bay Area!
All ticket proceeds go directly to fund future films made by our members.
Screening begins at 2pm. Doors open at 1:30. Online ticket sales will end at 10am the day of the screening. Tickets will be available for sale at the Castro Theatre Box Office starting at 1:00pm. If you'd like to save a couple bucks off door pricing, be sure to purchase your tickets online before 10am on the day of the show!
There are two ticket levels available for purchase.
1) Screening Ticket ($10/$15 at the door)
- This ticket level grants you access to the entire screening. Come and go as you like, you're able to watch both Phase 1 and Phase 2 films with this ticket.
2) Festival Pass ($25/$30 at the door)
The Festival Pass gets you all of the screening access of the Screening Ticket in addition to:
- Entrance to the Scary Cow After Party held in the Castro Theatre Mezzanine following the screening.
- Complimentary beer, wine, non-alcoholic drinks at the party, plus... tacos!
- Come mingle with the filmmakers and talk about your next great project!
- Members of Scary Cow at the annual subscription level get one free Festival Pass to every screening while they are a member.
Program with estimated showtimes will be announced no later than a week before the screening.
Please note that some films screened may contain content that is inappropriate for children. Print programs at the festival will specify which films are All Ages versus Teen and Older.
For more information about Scary Cow, check us out at http://www.scarycow.com
Castro Theatre (View)
429 Castro Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|