International Women's Day: CELEBRATE WITH WOMEN WHO BUCKED THE NORM
THE EVENT IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT! We will have a wait list available at the door for a handful of tickets. We recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before showtime to get on the list. Thank you!
International Women's Day is Sunday, March 8th.
Are you looking for a way to engage in the conversation?
Join us for a screening of "The Great Indian Marriage Bazaar" followed by a lively and interactive panel discussion with international artists and activists.
Screening will be one hour, followed by a 45 minute discussion over cocktails and refreshments, so we can continue the dialogue with each other.
The film is told through Ruchika's perspective as she faces mounting pressure to get an arranged marriage. Through her journey, Ruchika introduces the stories of two brides-to-be and explores issues of femininity, sexuality, identity and what marriage means in modern day India.
The screening will be followed by a panel discussion with Nadia P. Manzoor (writer and producer of "Burq Off!"), Christina Aguilar (writer and producer of "Not Knocked Up"), Diana Whitten (director of documentary "Vessel") and Saida Ali (Program Officer at International Women's Health Coalition). These women will share their journeys and perspectives as they navigate between cultures and social pressures to create art and activism.
Here's some more information about the artists and activists you will engage with:
* Joya Dass - T.V. anchor, Executive Director of South Asian International Film Festival, and founder of Women's Networking Initiative, Lady Drinks (Moderator)
* Nadia P. Manzoor - Producer, writer, and performer of one-woman show, "Burq Off!"
Website: www.nadiapmanzoor.com -- Twitter: @NadiaPManzoor
* Christina Aguilar - Producer, writer, and performer of one-woman show, "Not Knocked Up"
* Diana Whitten - Documentary filmmaker of "Vessel"
* Saida Ali - Program Officer, International Women's Health Coalition
* Ruchika Muchhala - Documentary filmmaker of "The Great Indian Marriage Bazaar"
Website: www.thirdkulture.net -- Twitter: @capricho_ruch
The Tank @ 46th Street (View)
151 West 46th Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10036
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|