Of Mice and Men
VCS is excited to open its 17th season with the American classic, Of Mice and Men. Adapted from Steinbecks novella of the same title, this beautiful and tragic story centers on the unlikely friendship between two migrant workers weathering together the loneliness and hardships of the Great Depression. Lenny, a childlike man in a powerful body, and George, a man smaller in stature who protects and soothes his larger companion, travel from town to town hoping for work while dreaming and planning for the day they can buy their own land. A terrible accident leads to unintended consequences veering Lenny and George off their intended course despite the best laid schemes of mice and men.
Directed by Alan Wilkie. His most recent directing credits at VCS include Death Trap, Five Women Wearing the Same Dress and Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Christmas Carol.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have rescheduled performances for Of Mice and Men.
* Opening night is now Thursday, October 17th at 7:30pm.
* The Saturday, October 19th performance time is 8:00 PM instead of the regular 7:30 PM time to accommodate the Sip Suds & Si event in downtown North Bend.
* We have added a matinee on Sunday, October 27th at 2pm which will be the closing performance.
We apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you at the show!
"There is power in this play"
-- Vancouver Courier
"... the strength with which [Steinbeck] writes his characters, and the texture with which the characters use language remains intact."
-- Talkin' Broadway
"A short tale of much power and beauty. Mr. Steinbeck has contributed a small masterpiece to the modern tough-tender school of American fiction."
-- Times Literary Supplement [London]
Visit us on:
* Our web site: http://valleycenterstage.org.
* Facebook: http://facebook.com/valleycenterstage
* Instagram: https://instagram.com/valleycenterstage/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/valleycenterstg
This project is supported, in part, by an award from 4Culture.
If you have any questions about purchasing tickets, please send us an email at email@example.com or call us at (425) 200-8936. Please note that tickets are not for sale through email or by phone.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you at the show!
Valley Center Stage (View)
119 West North Bend Way
North Bend, WA 98045
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|