City Bakery Night of Knitting and Hot Chocolate
Experience the full flavor of City Bakery's 18th Annual Hot Chocolate Festival.
A one-night only opportunity to taste at least six City Bakery hot chocolate flavors. All-you-can eat Special Night of Knitting and Hot Chocolate Dinner, wine and beer.
Enjoy a full menu of "hot chocolate" inspired knitting how-to workshops from NYC's favorite knitting stores, plus a yarn spinning demonstration:
- Marshmallow Man
- Hot Chocolate Mug Cozy
- Marshmallow Hat
- Chocolate Bar Coaster
- Intro to Knitting
A collaboration between City Bakery and Brooklyn General Store, Downtown Yarns, Gotta Knit, Knitty City, Purl, and Wool and the Gang.
Hot chocolate lovers, beginning knitters and experienced knitters who want to knit their own projects are all welcome.
DO I NEED SUPPLIES?
Each shop will sell all necessary supplies on the night of the event. If you want to bring your own, below is a list of supplies needed for each workshop. Information is also available on www.hotchocolatefestival.com and in the bakery.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE PART OF THE WORKSHOPS?
Not at all. There will be a yarn spinning demonstration if you just want to watch. Everyone is welcome. You can come and knit your own project as well. The workshops are there for anyone who wants to participate but are not obligatory.
WHAT IF I DON'T KNIT?
There will be a beginners workshop, or come and enjoy the hot chocolate and food.
Again, each shop will sell all necessary supplies for the workshops at the event. For those who want to bring their own, details follow. No purchase or participation necessary to enjoy the event.
Marshmallow Man (Brooklyn General Store)
- White yarn and needles
- Small amount of black fingering weight yarn or buttons
- Pipe cleaners and white roving
Yarn Spinning Demonstration (Downtown Yarns)
- No supplies necessary
Hot Chocolate Mug Cozy (Gotta Knit)
- One ball of worsted weight wool
- Two pairs of 24" #8 or #9 circular needles
Marshmallow Hat (Knitty City)
- One skein of white chunky yarn and size #10 16 inch circular needles.
Chocolate Bar Coaster (Purl)
- Yarn: Cascade 128 Superwash Wool (100% Wool; 128 yards; 100 grams). 1 hank each Ecru #817; Bitter Chocolate #872. This is enough yarn to make at least 6 coasters.
- Gauge: 19 stitches = 4 inches in stitch pattern (14 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette stitch).
- Needles: US Size 13 needles (Please note, this is a larger needle than you would typically use for this yarn but is necessary for the stitch pattern).
Knitting 101 (Wool and The Gang)
Information also available on www.hotchocolatefestival.com
3 W. 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|