Literary Art Showcase, Call for Writers - 2010 Seattle Erotic Art Festival
LITERARY ART SHOWCASE: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE MARCH 15, 2010
THIS IS FOR SUBMISSION FEE FOR THE LITERARY ART SHOWCASE ONLY. TO PURCHASE TICKETS FOR THE FESTIVAL, PLEASE VISIT https://www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/1659
Welcome to the Seattle Erotic Art Festival's Call for Submission for the Literary Art Showcase. This particular page is ONLY for submission fees for writers; visual artists submission fees are collected at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/39701. Event tickets are available at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/1659.
Last year we were delighted to premiere the Literary Art Showcase. Created to highlight writing as an important art form, the Showcase--the first of its kind at any erotic art festival--featured work from poets, playwrights and authors from across the country. The jurors selected seven top works of erotica from the 120 pieces submitted by more than 50 writers. Selected poems, stories and plays were exhibited through live readings and specially designed books in a luxurious environment created by Literary Art Showcase Director Shana Deon.
The call for writers has been extended to March 15, 2010. To submit your work for consideration, please read the rules for submission below.
The best work in each category, selected by a panel of professional writers, will be showcased as part of an lush environment created specifically for the Festival. Each authorâs name and work will be on display throughout the Festival and will be read aloud by a professional.
In addition, the author of the best poem, short story, and play will each receive:
1. A professional critique by novelist/poet I.G. Frederick author of Dommemoir and Pain of Love
2. Tickets to the three-day event (not including workshops)
3. A ticket to the invitation-only Artist's Reception Thursday night
4. Tickets to a burlesque show
5. A swag bag
6. An award certificate
Runners up in each category will receive:
1. Tickets to Friday night of the festival
2. Tickets to a burlesque show
3. An award certificate
Literary Art Showcase Entry Requirements
Deadline for entry is March 15, 2010. Late submissions will not be accepted.
There are three categories:
1. Poetry: All forms no more than 2 pages, single-spaced
2. Short stories: Up to 1,500 words, 6 pages, double-spaced
3. Short one-act plays or scripts: Up to 10 pages including scene setup
a. All entries must follow standard manuscript format, including 12 pt. font and 1-inch margins.
b. Submit documents in .doc or .rtf format only.
c. Each page must have only the title and page number in the top right hand corner, no other identifying information.
- You must be 18 years old by March 15, 2010 to enter.
- All entries may not have been previously published in any form preceding this event.
- All work must be submitted by the original author.
- Co-authors must submit together.
- You may use a pen name; your legal name will be kept confidential.
Failure to follow these guidelines will result in automatic rejection. Entry fees are not refundable.
Entry forms may be found at www.SEAFArtist.com/literary
Seattle Center Exhibition Hall
Mercer Street at 3rd Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109
|Minimum Age: 18|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: No|